1" body lift on 2005 6-speed

dodgeboy

Has anyone successfully installed a 1" or 1.25" body lift on a 2005-2006 TJ with a 6-Speed manual? With or without a motor mount lift? Most of the kits I've looked at say that they are specifically incompatible with 2005-2006 manual transmission vehicles. I assume it's because of the shifter making contact with the inner boot or the console, but folks have had that issue on other years as well. What is worse about the NSG370 6-speed for this scenario, vs the previous 5-speed transmissions? I already have a 2.5" lift, and am looking for just a little more room for my tires, without having to do a SYE.

Some guys will probably login later today that will have experience with that-The best experience you’re going to fine with these is right here on this forum

I put 1.25" BLs on both of my 05' Jeeps with 6 speeds and zero issues. One had a MML, the other one didn't.

I'm curious, I'm looking at this after I change out 4" springs and new axles.

The MML basically keeps it as it is normal, and I have a JB Conversion SSYE that is going on as well, so I'[m not sure doing the MML is a bad thing, the angles my new setup should be able to handle.

I just don't know if the MML is a mandatory (looks like it's not) but reading threads a lot of others seem to think it's really, really necessary.

I just don't know if the MML is a mandatory (looks like it's not) but reading threads a lot of others seem to think it's really, really necessary.

The MML isn't needed. I always use the Zone Offroad BL kits because they come with the fan shroud relocation brackets. That keeps the fan from hitting the shroud when you don't use a MML. I didn't install the MML with the BL on my current Jeep.
https://zoneoffroad.com/products/125-in-body-lift-1997-2006-jeep-wrangler-tj?variant=39974341017688

Has anyone successfully installed a 1" or 1.25" body lift on a 2005-2006 TJ with a 6-Speed manual? With or without a motor mount lift? Most of the kits I've looked at say that they are specifically incompatible with 2005-2006 manual transmission vehicles. I assume it's because of the shifter making contact with the inner boot or the console, but folks have had that issue on other years as well. What is worse about the NSG370 6-speed for this scenario, vs the previous 5-speed transmissions? I already have a 2.5" lift, and am looking for just a little more room for my tires, without having to do a SYE.

I've installed a 1.25 savvy BL.. paired with a 1" mml brown dog.

I have a 2005 tj, 6 spd manual. 2.5 inch lift.

The vibes were definitely reduced, possibly eliminated.

Had to realign the shifter bezel back a bit, and had to install a transfer case shifter cable.

Get Boog to show you pictures, his always look really good-

I mean your jeeps Boog 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Installed the same daystar 1” BL and MORE 1” MML and energy suspension polyurethane transmission mount on all my Jeeps …

98 TJ 4.0 5-speed
06 LJ Rubi Auto
06 LJ 6-speed
05 TJ 4.0 6-Speed
05 LJ 6-speed

No complaints, you will notice more vibration (maybe not MORE, but it’s different), it’s not bad, I still have all my teeth, I have not been rattled apart, the internet scare factory is large on this subject. Factory is mush and off-road there is too much movement.

PS: I believe a 4 banger will vibrate worse than the 4.0 but I never owned one or driven one.