$125K for a mid JL

1714417189749.png

I was expecting to see that it had a demon engine in it.

no one ever told him about depreciation, I guess?

that Jeep he paid $58k for is now worth about $40k....

Used mods are usually good for about 50%....

that $2500 set of tires is gonna be below the tread depth Discount will even touch them at in a few months.

Reactions: BlueC
125k and cloth seats, bruh.....?

That jeep is not worth half that number.

About half is what I had in my head. I don't shop for these things so I don't have a feel for what something like this is going for.

My dad always said something is worth what somebody will pay for it. The problem is the world is full of idiots, and for everything there is an idiot that will pay an idiotic price. That problem seems to be more frequent nowadays since it got so easy to borrow 100%+ for nearly a decade.

As someone who spent way more than that on his rig, I’d hate to have spent what he did - and then wind up with that…😬

A while ago, I came to terms with the fact that I could never get back half of what I've spent on my rig but this thread is making me feel much better about it.

• Haha
Reactions: inkedrose
A while ago, I came to terms with the fact that I could never get back half of what I've spent on my rig but this thread is making me feel much better about it.

The real issue here - and the difference between most rigs here and the one for sale - is the difference between buying or fabricating parts and installing them yourself, vs. paying someone else to install them for you.

The real issue here - and the difference between most rigs here and the one for sale - is the difference between buying or fabricating parts and installing them yourself, vs. paying someone else to install them for you.

I thought about that too. Also, building my own Jeep probably makes me much less likely to ever want to sell it.

Are there really that many people that are willing to drop 6 figures on a vehicle? It's crazy what people are willing to spend these days.

Reactions: BlueC