'14 Wrangler JK

TJ2

TJ Expert
This JK to replace my '16 Renegade, what do you guys think? I will mod the front bumper for sure. It's going to be my DD. 54,000 miles for $27k 1 owner, auto trans, OEM very little surface rust under, extended warranty, all regular preventive maintenance record kept by a single jeep dealership.
5.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
How long is the extended warranty?

Why not a new Sport JL or JK for a few grand more?

You will have warranty and probably better financing rates. Plus you will be the only owner and enjoy the new car smell.

Not much rust on this one. I hope there is not much mechanical or electrical problems from the '14 JK model because it is on it's 7th year of production.

How long is the extended warranty?

Why not a new Sport JL or JK for a few grand more?

You will have warranty and probably better financing rates. Plus you will be the only owner and enjoy the new car smell.
Unfortunately, JL is about $40k and I can not afford it, I am trading in a low class jeep ('16 Renegade) and so I will add up about $3k to the $27K base.

Right now I am stuck with a renegade intended for my daughter that ended up in my driveway. She ran away with one of my TJ.

Last edited:
The JL sport with auto has an msrp of 29.9k. Then you can easily get a discount.

A new 2018 JK can come under 30k all in.

Whatever you do, a 4 year old Sahara with 50k miles does not seem like a good price at 27k.

Reactions: Starrs and TJ2
I read somewhere that the 13 and 14 model year jk’s are the best to own. 12 they had issues with the heads and from 15 on something was changed with the computer. My wife has a 13 Sahara and beats the snot out of it, she’s never had a single issue with it
0D719121-A73C-4100-AA73-B35355E6B9C9.jpeg

Reactions: MaloStapalo and TJ2
The JL sport with auto has an msrp of 29.9k. Then you can easily get a discount.

A new 2018 JK can come under 30k all in.

Whatever you do, a 4 year old Sahara with 50k miles does not seem like a good price at 27k.
Thanks man. But I can never find a JL Sport for 29.9k in the mid-west.

I read somewhere that the 13 and 14 model year jk’s are the best to own. 12 they had issues with the heads and from 15 on something was changed with the computer. My wife has a 13 Sahara and beats the snot out of it, she’s never had a single issue with it
View attachment 48685
I hope I don't get a good beating on trade-in with my '16 Renegade. That is the deal breaker, we'll see.

Reactions: DA RUNT
Seems high to me. I bought my 14 last December.

Teraflex lift, 35" Nittos, Fox shocks, Adam's driveshaft, poison spyder bumper, Warn winch, 5.13 gears and more. 25k miles. Never wheeled.

21k plus tax and title. I think the half doors and zip windows was a slow sale in ohio in December :D

Saw many at $23-24k.
15324762956934852235733872357111.jpg
20180708_230336.jpg

Edit: @DA RUNT is correct 13/14 up best mechanically.

Teraflex lift, 35" Nittos, Fox shocks, Adam's driveshaft, poison spyder bumper, Warn winch, 5.13 gears and more. 25k miles.

21k plus tax and title. I think the half doors and zip windows was a slow sale in ohio in December :D

Saw many at $23-24k.
View attachment 48687 View attachment 48688
that is nice...yeah my half door TJ came from OH....guy before me bought it and his wife said no way...

Reactions: ohiopatriot
that is nice...yeah my half door TJ came from OH....guy before me bought it and his wife said no way...

My TJ is half door too. So Yeah, had to buy my wife a JKU Chief to keep her happy. You know, hard top, power everything, heated bun warmer. :D She wheels the snot out of it. Happy wife, nets Jeep parts, uh happy life, something like that.

Are you stuck on the Sahara?.... as a DD I'm sure you can 'make do' with a sport.....anything has to be an upgrade from the Fiat hehe

My TJ is half door too. So Yeah, had to buy my wife a JKU Chief to keep her happy. You know, hard top, power everything, heated bun warmer. :D She wheels the snot out of it. Happy wife, nets Jeep parts, uh happy life, something like that.
I know how that goes I traded my 2012 JKU in on my wife's C300 Benz...I missed it so much I went out and got the "Real" wrangler an 05. It is kept top down and bottom of doors only in the garage if raining.

Reactions: Chris

Teraflex lift, 35" Nittos, Fox shocks, Adam's driveshaft, poison spyder bumper, Warn winch, 5.13 gears and more. 25k miles. Never wheeled.

Saw many at $23-24k.
View attachment 48687 View attachment 48688

Edit: @DA RUNT is correct 13/14 up best mechanically.
Now that makes me look some more elsewhere. Thanks.

Reactions: ohiopatriot