SOLD 1999 High Mileage TJ Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC-TJU

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Price
Hey y'all,

With my recent acquisition of another forum member's mint LJ, I'm letting my black & tan TJ go. Its been on FB Marketplace for a few days and I'm already burnt out by all the clowns that listing a car brings. $6500 for a forum member. It's by no means a show rig but I've never had problems with it. Let me know if you have any questions - thanks!

Facebook ad/link below
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/765486728188335/
Selling my manual transmission 1999 Jeep TJ Sport with 228K miles on the indestructible 4.0 sitting on about a 3” lift. I’m only selling because I stumbled into owning an LJ all the sudden, so seeing as that’s the more valuable of the 2 I’ll be keeping that.

I’ve owned this for a little under 2 years or so and my intent was to keep this thing for life as my weekend camping rig. With that in mind, I haven’t skimped or ignored any problems that have arisen over that time.

Interior Upgrades & Features:
-Seat Covers on both front and rear
-New floor pans welded in driver side and passenger side
-New rubber backed carpeting throughout
-Some minor sound dampening panels installed under carpet
-New Heater/HVAC control switch assembly
-New Sony head unit
-New Speakers, both front and in the roll bar
-New seatbelts in front
-New blower motor & heater resistor
-New HVAC control levers (these things are notorious for breaking on TJs)
-New sun visors

Exterior Upgrades & Features
-Model year specific hardtop with Wiper/Defrost/Wash all in working order
-5 new BFG K02 tires – 33x10.5 (90% tread)
-5 new American Racing AR172 Baja rims
-New spark plugs/wires
-New thermostat & radiator hoses with total cooling flush to go along with it
-New radiator fan clutch
-New radiator overflow tank
-New AC accumulator & compressor & relay
-New front differential lube locker gasket
-New rear differential cover & seal
-New rear differential overhaul/carrier gear set
-New rear wheel bearings & axel shafts
-New rear Bilstein shocks
-New windshield wiper motor & wipers
-New optima battery
-New 4-hole fuel injectors
-New gas skid plate
-New brake lines/rotors/calipers/drums
-New front tow hooks
-New master & slave cylinder
-New moog sway bar links and bushings

This is a NE jeep so with that comes the inevitable problems with salted roads. When I got it, the front floor pans were pretty shot but the frame was professionally safe-t-capped. So I had new front pans installed (cut out the old, welded in new, treated with sealant) and have been trying to maintain it as well as you can maintain a 22 year old rig like this. Again, FRAME IS SOLID.

The thing runs great and doesn’t leak or burn any oil. No overheating, and no charging problems. This jeep is mostly highway miles, so it hasn’t lived as hard a life as some of the more adventurous ones. The transmission shifts fine, the brakes stop you, and steering functions as it should (no death wobble). This is my daily so I put miles on it and never have had any mechanical problems.

Maintenance:
ALL fluids have been changed in this rig. ALL. New gear oil in the transfer and differentials/New red line transmission fluid/Cooling system totally flushed and filled/Brakes redone with new fluid as well. Regular oil changes and tire rotations. Again, this has been my daily and my hobby so it’s taken care of.

What it will need at some point:
-The torque boxes need to be patched (a notorious TJ trait). I don’t have a garage since moving to NC, so haven’t been able to take care of yet.
-Heater core. It works 100% fine and there are NO DRIPS ever in the jeep, but you can smell it when you’re running the heater. If you know TJs, you know these things always end up going out. I have a replacement ready and will include in sale (can’t buy OEM anymore, but I have the preferred metal version, not the plastic).
-I haven’t done u joints yet, so just as a maintenance thing I’d do them sometime in ’22.
-The springs are showing their age. They’re not compressed or anything, just visually I’d like to address them. Either replace with new or remove/sand/paint/reinstall.
-It has the classic exhaust leak on cold start-up. I.e. it “ticks” for about a minute until the manifold gets hot and seals the crack. Pretty common on these and hasn’t really been a priority.
-Just more attention than I’m able to give it without having space to work on it anymore/priority on my other TJ Unlimited.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten a bunch of things so feel free to reach out with any questions. I know what this thing is, and I know what it isn’t. This is a rig to go camping and keep you sane, not enter in car shows. I’m in no rush to sell, so please keep the low balls and trade offers to yourselves. Happy to show as my availability permits and can also meet you somewhere neutral if preferred (it’s kept in my parking garage). Clean accident free NC title in hand.

20200925_174136.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

20200724_180251.jpg

20200724_180256.jpg

20200724_180302.jpg

20200926_184758 (2).jpg

20201023_143628.jpg

received_917691085364276.jpeg

received_2931213246989874.jpeg

20200724_121734.jpg

20220125_114230.jpg