1999 TJ with a Fox Body 5.0 swap

Blong112

Well, I'm new to the forum but thought I say hi and post my 1999 jeep Wrangler. It started out as a 4 cylinder 5 speed and swapped in a 5.0 EFI out of a 1990 Fox body mustang, including swapping a c-6 transmission and a borg Warner T-case from a f250. I have a 4.5 inch lift with 33x12.5x17 and body armor all the way around. Spartan front lockers. The jeep is still under construction with still needing a winch (picking up in 2 weeks before hitting the trail) and axel swap so I can run 37x13.50x17 which will be my winter project. I've attached a few pictures. Cheers!

20200502_152127.jpg

20200202_154157.jpg

20191012_184941.jpg

20191012_184932.jpg

20200425_164514.jpg

That thing should rip, 225 hp 300 lbs of twist. Very nice!
It's not bad and more than enough for now on the trails. My daughter is currently driving around town but as soon as she gets her another wrangler in about 2 years, I'll be pulling the motor for trick flow intake and aluminum heads and probably a new cam for good measure. Imo you can never have enough power. Lol

Reactions: Chris
Nice! I first read the post wrong and clicked thinking there WAS a fox body Mustang grafted to the chassis of the Wrangler! :ROFLMAO:

How does she run?

Reactions: Zorba
Nice! I first read the post wrong and clicked thinking there WAS a fox body Mustang grafted to the chassis of the Wrangler! :ROFLMAO:

How does she run?
[/QUOTE

No worries, I may have typed it oit in a confusing way.😂 It drives good and straight. I've had it on the interstate driving about 80 but she's heavy with all the body armor on it.

Awesome.. Love more V-8 swaps. Why did you go with the C-6 instead of a E4OD?
What axles are you swapping to this winter?

Awesome.. Love more V-8 swaps. Why did you go with the C-6 instead of a E4OD?
What axles are you swapping to this winter?
Yeah, the c-6 isn't ideal but I got a good deal on a rebuilt c-6, so in it went. I'm going to go with the Ford 8.8 with limited slip and then probably a 44 upfront, i already have the Ford 8.8. I basically trying to keep the jeep a driver on the rode and very capable on the trail, especially with my daughter driving it for the time being.

That was my first thought too - but this is a far better option. The Fox body Mustangs were FUGLY in my opinion.

That was my first thought too - but this is a far better option. The Fox body Mustangs were FUGLY in my opinion.
Oh for sure. Although, there are a few out there that have been worked on and look mean and lean.

This motor swap just seems right.

Reactions: Zorba