2.5 vs 4.0 radiator?

Gollywomper

Professional pot stirrer
Supporting Member
Are they the interchangeable?

So I have been seeing my highway temp climb to just a shade over the 210 mark. I can run all day on the trail and it will stay just on the left of the 210 mark. Get out on the highway and it moves up a bit. Not overly concerning but it is telling me I have an issue In the works. So I begin to look for a 2.5 radiator as mine appears to be factory and 180,000 miles. Today I noticed my belt routing sticker is for a 4.0, so it appears my radiator is for a 4.0. Are all manual transmission radiators all pretty much the same?

Here is the info from 1999 Jeep Parts List:

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 4.35.54 PM.png

Reactions: Gollywomper
When I removed my radiator recently I was surprised to find it blocked with mud at least 25% or more between the condenser and the radiator. I'd sprayed it out, power washed it both sides countless times but taking it out and blasting from both sides with a hose finally cleaned it out. With the radiator in the Jeep I found it was just plain impossible to fully clear it. Worth a try if you've ever been in mud and have A/C. I can understand some people would rather just replace it after all the work of removing it but I've gotten fairly at that so it wasn't a big deal.