2 Piece Hardtop Questions

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have the chance to get a good deal on a 2pc hardtop but it has no back glass. Can a factory hardtop back window be used?

Then my second question is can the hardtop fit with the factory soft top folded? I mostly want this 2pc hardtop so I can make the 5+hour highway road trips more bearable and can easily remove and store the hardtop at my destination and use the soft top as needed throughout the vacation then throw it back on for the return trip.

I have an American Fastback one piece hard top. I'm super careful with the glass because I consider it nearly irreplaceable. A lot of aftermarket hard tops...glass has to be custom made and it's prohibitively expensive.

Consider investing in a Rugged Radio intercom. I spent a lot of money and time trying to make my Jeep quieter...too much wind noise, engine noise...give up now and wear ear pro.

-Mac

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
I have an American Fastback one piece hard top. I'm super careful with the glass because I consider it nearly irreplaceable. A lot of aftermarket hard tops...glass has to be custom made and it's prohibitively expensive.

Consider investing in a Rugged Radio intercom. I spent a lot of money and time trying to make my Jeep quieter...too much wind noise, engine noise...give up now and wear ear pro.

-Mac

My ears get sore after an hour of wearing hearing protection at a gun range. I just do not see that being feasible for long trips. I can cut a Plexiglas sheet to make it fit and it will work for what I need as well.

Reactions: macleanflood
I have the chance to get a good deal on a 2pc hardtop but it has no back glass. Can a factory hardtop back window be used?

Then my second question is can the hardtop fit with the factory soft top folded? I mostly want this 2pc hardtop so I can make the 5+hour highway road trips more bearable and can easily remove and store the hardtop at my destination and use the soft top as needed throughout the vacation then throw it back on for the return trip.

Any idea what brand the 2 piece hardtop is? I used to have one and had to replace the rear glass.

Do you have pictures of it?