2 surprises outside my door today...

Glad to hear this combo works well together, I wasn't sure if anyone else was running this setup. It looks good! I'm hoping to have mine done this week or next, I just have to wait for either the weather to break or a garage to free up in the family. I'de like to see a side shot of yours!

20170917_172701.jpg

20171004_150141.jpg

Ask and you shall recieve! I like the bit of red and blue poking out from the underside, I wasn't exactly sure how I would like it. I was actually spying a Rubicon Express kit, but decided on this and I am happy I did. Ride quality improved 100%, the springs are just stiff enough to remind you that you're driving a Jeep. And, the shocks pair nicely with them, they're not too soft or too hard, just right. Next, I'd like to try the 9000's, but I have no complaints about the 5000's. I'll be following your progress and will be looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Reactions: EJD
View attachment 25311
View attachment 25312
Ask and you shall recieve! I like the bit of red and blue poking out from the underside, I wasn't exactly sure how I would like it. I was actually spying a Rubicon Express kit, but decided on this and I am happy I did. Ride quality improved 100%, the springs are just stiff enough to remind you that you're driving a Jeep. And, the shocks pair nicely with them, they're not too soft or too hard, just right. Next, I'd like to try the 9000's, but I have no complaints about the 5000's. I'll be following your progress and will be looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Absolutely, i'm super anxious to get them installed.

On another note, with your setup being the same as mine (BFG AT 31x10.5 + RS5000/H&R's), I wanted to ask you if you have your Steering Stops modified with a washer or two? I have 2 washers on mine now, but was hoping with these springs and the new height I may be able to delete my added washers and get my turning radius back again.

Absolutely, i'm super anxious to get them installed.

On another note, with your setup being the same as mine (BFG AT 31x10.5 + RS5000/H&R's), I wanted to ask you if you have your Steering Stops modified with a washer or two? I have 2 washers on mine now, but was hoping with these springs and the new height I may be able to delete my added washers and get my turning radius back again.

I have not modified my steering stops, no washers. At full lock I still rub just as I did with the prior stock set-up. I will say, since the installation it doesn't seem to rub as hard.

Reactions: EJD
I have not modified my steering stops, no washers. At full lock I still rub just as I did with the prior stock set-up. I will say, since the installation it doesn't seem to rub as hard.
Oh ok, I think a solid 2" is needed to clear that...I wonder if I will be able to lose 1 washer and just have 1 on there.
Thanks though!

Reactions: Travis
View attachment 25311
View attachment 25312

That is a nice stance! Looks really good!

Any progress on the new stuff @EJD? I'm anxious to see some pics!
Sad to say, not quite yet. Its been too rainy/snowy ever since i've gotten them and my family's garage with the lift is currently occupied. It's such a tease to have some good parts to install and not have the conditions to allow you to install them. I'll definitely keep you posted though when I get a decent day to get them on there.

where did you get your national park decal?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K9BGZSG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Sad to say, not quite yet. Its been too rainy/snowy ever since i've gotten them and my family's garage with the lift is currently occupied. It's such a tease to have some good parts to install and not have the conditions to allow you to install them. I'll definitely keep you posted though when I get a decent day to get them on there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K9BGZSG/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Thanks I ordered them and waiting for delivery!!!!!

Just finished the job today!

View attachment 26276
View attachment 26277

I'm averaging a couple 16th's over an inch all the way around. I like it a lot.
Looks good! H&R + good shocks + 31x10.50's are an undiscovered secret to TJ bliss.

I've got two washers on my stops with Grizzly wheels. Thinking of putting the half inch hub centric H&R wheel spacers on to get the rub and washers out.

Looks good! H&R + good shocks + 31x10.50's are an undiscovered secret to TJ bliss.

I've got two washers on my stops with Grizzly wheels. Thinking of putting the half inch hub centric H&R wheel spacers on to get the rub and washers out.

I have a question: Is the issue with the washers being used to stop the rubbing, that it gives you a larger turning radius? And if so, by how much? I've always assumed that was the deal, but after reading that someone is willing to add wheel spacers to eliminate the washers, it got me to wondering just to what extent washers affect the turning radius. Sounds more drastic than I ever would have imagined...

I have a question: Is the issue with the washers being used to stop the rubbing, that it gives you a larger turning radius? And if so, by how much? I've always assumed that was the deal, but after reading that someone is willing to add wheel spacers to eliminate the washers, it got me to wondering just to what extent washers affect the turning radius. Sounds more drastic than I ever would have imagined...
Yes that is the deal. With the addition of 31" tires, you rub I believe the sway bar or the control arm I forget off the top of my head. Adding 2 washers to the steering stop bolt makes your steering stop before the rub happens and takes away from your turning radius by something like 2 feet. Maybe foot a washer...lol. Anyway I really want my turning radius back so i've been experimenting with different thickness washers, to see what I can get away with but wheel spacers could do the trick as well.

Love it man, thanks for discovering these. This is such a cool option for those that like to play around the stock height.
I would be very interested in wheel spacers if we could figure out what would fit good and ultimately eliminate the steer stop washers. I want my turning radius back!

Reactions: Travis and Squatch
It wasn't me...I just stumbled onto them. But thanks!

I still rub with two washers. On the LCA's. That's why I'm looking at half inch spacers. Wheels would do it, but I like my Grizzlies. I don't really notice the decrease in turning radius, because I'm always making 36 point turns on the skid roads anyway...narrow buggers they are.

Look into the H&R spacers. They have TJ specific, hub centric spacers for not a lot of cash.

Reactions: EJD and Squatch
It wasn't me...I just stumbled onto them. But thanks!

I still rub with two washers. On the LCA's. That's why I'm looking at half inch spacers. Wheels would do it, but I like my Grizzlies. I don't really notice the decrease in turning radius, because I'm always making 36 point turns on the skid roads anyway...narrow buggers they are.

Look into the H&R spacers. They have TJ specific, hub centric spacers for not a lot of cash.
I'm checking into wheel spacers for sure, is the idea to keep it as minimal as possible as to not put any more strain than necessary on the studs or joints? or is it safe to say anything up to an inch will be fine? I'm not too knowledgable on wheel spacing yet.

Man, @EJD, your Sahara looks great, love your Canyon wheels. Sitting pretty, for real. Could you notice a difference in the handling immediately? I know I did.
Yeah the difference is very noticeable especially from how tired my stock springs were.
Ditto! I'm also going to look into the H&R spacers. Thanks for the information @StG58!
I was checking to make sure you had canyon wheels too so your TJ is in the same exact shoes i'm in literally. I'll let you know if I come up with a good solution for spacers!

Reactions: StG58 and Travis