20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

Someone was asking about doing a electric fan on our 4 poppers in a thread, but it'd been too long since I'd done mine to really remember what it was like. If I find that thread again I'll link it here for you.

Someone was asking about doing a electric fan on our 4 poppers in a thread, but it'd been too long since I'd done mine to really remember what it was like. If I find that thread again I'll link it here for you.

Yeah there has been a few threads. Curious how this new one is going to go.

Reactions: Wildman
Well got the radiator back and everything is installed and no leaks and water pump does what it’s supposed to. Done a bit of testing with the fan and have concluded that the old Derale controller has a dead spot after all these years so I guess it is time to step into the 20th century and upgrade controls.

Found an Imperial/Hayden controller here in town and will give it a shot. Would have preferred the one with the actual sensor versus the probe but it should still get the job done. This control is the same one a lot of companies use and it is OK. I really wish the Chinese would stop using such crap insulation on their wires.

Did not take too long to install and now I just have to test and tune then clean the wires up.

IMG_3750.jpeg

Since had to go into the PDC to remove fan wires I took a moment to put the driving and windshield lights in there instead.

View attachment 531485

Just about every new circuit I've put in the rig I've added to the PDC. Both fuses and relays. I enjoy the challenge of making everything look stock (for no good reason, I guess...). With my abilities, I am quite certain it will burn to the ground at some point.

Nice work, Dan.

Since had to go into the PDC to remove fan wires I took a moment to put the driving and windshield lights in there instead.

View attachment 531485

Just about every new circuit I've put in the rig I've added to the PDC. Both fuses and relays. I enjoy the challenge of making everything look stock (for no good reason, I guess...). With my abilities, I am quite certain it will burn to the ground at some point.

Nice work, Dan.

You guys just keep pushing me. I thought I had upped my wiring game a little (I have, but the starting point was in the abyss). Now I need to figure out how to use all those empty slots in the PDC…

You guys just keep pushing me. I thought I had upped my wiring game a little (I have, but the starting point was in the abyss). Now I need to figure out how to use all those empty slots in the PDC…

What I did to get started was to buy a second PDC with all the wires, connectors, relays and fuses from Davey's. I've been scavenging from it ever since.

A cherokee or grand cherokee might be a local source for one,eh? Or maybe even a dodge?

Look at a Liberty (1st gen). I got a spare pdc from one of them that was really similar from a pick and pull. It was like 15 bucks vs buying a TJ or Cherokee one for 50 or more online. I never see TJs in the junk yards here, and rarely see Cherokees