2000 TJ Blinker Nightmare (Please Help!)

Glenn Hodges

I'm having no luck with these blinker/hazards. They do no work 95% of the time, if I mess with the wires enough I can get them to either stay on solid or flash a few times... then nothing. I have cleaned the relay contacts, replaced the relay with an EP-27 (which does nothing), temp replaced the ground to the relay, and ruled out the switch (which seems to work fine when they are working). I have an after marker alarm system installed "AutoMate AM5" which operates the flashers just fine every time I touch the jeep. THOUGHTS?

I bet they cut into your wiring harness to install that alarm
Usually, it's just a wire tap not cut. But if they did cut, that could lead to some problems.

Just a stretch here...
On my 99 Ram, they had issues with intermittent wires/connections in the steering column. It turns out that the wire harness was too short, therefore too tight and caused stress on the wires, causing them to break but, just barely. Sometimes making a connection. This was more noticeable in those that used the steering wheel up/down thingey a lot.

More information is needed.

Are these stock lights, or LED lights? If they are LED, did they work find before when they were incandescent bulbs?