2000 TJ Sport revival (Australia)

QLDJeep

Supporting Member
Long story short, I got this as my first car before I got my license. It got used, and abused for a few years, and has since been sitting parked for the last 7 year.
I don't expect there to be any serious issues, however, I'm going to do a complete overhaul and get stuck into a few projects I've always wanted to do.
I expect this to take quite a few months - I've set no timeline - as I work over full-time hours, although, I will have the assistance of a very good friend of mine (Mech. Eng.), and his Father.

This project isn't going to fall into any explicit category - off-road, show, display etc - rather it will be an all-rounder satisfying my individual wants and needs, primarily, to drive my jeep daily again.
I do not go off-road as much as I used to, and, I have access to other vehicles for my various adventures, so comfort and aesthetic will be high on the list of requirements. That being said, I wouldn't bother keeping it if I wasn't going to exploit the intrinsic capabilities.

I will be posting updates, and details, with photos as I progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidBT
Update #1 2/05/2024
After a brief inspection all is looking good.
Your usual geriatrics; battery, fluids, and minor surface rust.
The front wheels are seized so that's going to need to be rectified if I'm going to actually drive this thing again.
I'll start by pulling the brakes off and giving the system a go over. While I'm at it I'll do a refresh of the front suspension.
I didn't have my phone on me for photos so I'll get some on the weekend before we start.

Jeep1.1a.jpg
Jeeb1.1b.jpg

Update#2 04/05/2024
Unfortunately it has been parked outside for the last little bit, and one side had some surface grime, she has seen better days.
A quick pressure wash sorted everything out and the top canvas, and rear panels are in good nick. Front window, and rear windows are rooted.
Tomorrow a better clean, and stripping out all the interior linings.

The front pads needed some prying but we got the front wheels moving with very little effort.
I've got a bit of time left in the pads, and I was able to stop on the drive home, so I'll hold off on doing any work to the front brakes for now.
All the bushings are spent so that has been added to the front of things to do, as well as, some general greasing, and indicator/bulb repairs.

If I'm able to lift this thing up in my garage I'll have a bit more leeway in when I'm able to get longer tasks done. In the mean time, I've got ample space in front of my garage - uncovered unfortunately - and covered space at my factory, however, this is not usable during the week due to other going concerns, so I would be limited to weekend projects.

Reactions: DavidBT