2002 TJ fog lights don't work

bbiggyz

Was looking at making my factory fog lamps work. Bought with the lamps not working at all. I began with just swapping the bulbs which looked like they weren't burned out. After that didn't work I figured I was in for a treat.

I can jump a wire through the relay to the positive terminal on the battery and get the bulbs to come on, but whenever I pull the stalk out to turn the fog lights on they won't work. I'm thinking the switch is faulty.

Anyone have any idea what wires going to the switch would be? I was thinking of just wiring a new aftermarket switch to turn them on/off. I found a thread awhile ago showing all the wiring diagrams, and it seems like it could be white/orange, brown/white or light blue. Really don't know which wires to snip and run a new switch through and would help a ton if someone had the knowledge.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I saw that post as well but I'm not sure where the JB weld was applied. Was it applied on the post that looks like it's burned up almost?

The JB Weld is applied to the little hole you'll find worn in this piece right there in the middle:

doo hickey 3.JPG