2002 TJ Tire and Suspension Advise

c_anthony27

New to forum
This place is a wealth of info.

Im looking for some insight on putting some bigger tires on my 2002 TJ.
6cyl 5spd X model.

I got a good deal on some late model JK Wheels with almost new 285/75/17 tires which are slightly over 33” if im measuring correctly

I was looking at the zone 4” kit with the nitro shocks

1.25” hubcentric wheel adapters

The jeep is a project im doing myself it will get almost zero trail time (no trails where we live)
But it will see some occasional time on the beach (probably less than 10 times a year, and just driving normally in the sand, not aggressive)
It will see normal use on the pavement nothing crazy.

I am not trying to drop $2k into a lift kit

I just want to change the look on it.

From what Im reading I should be looking to change the ring and pinion ratios also to run that size tire

What size would be recommended for normal driving.
I see recommendations for 4.10 and 4.56

with the the zone 4” zone kit
wheel adapters
ring and pinion
is there anything else recommended that I should be looking to change
Im trying to do everything in a few days
and dont want to waste money buying parts that dont work or fit
and waste time having the jeep laid up

thanks for everyones help

Always keep in mind that speed bumps and road imperfections exist. Whether it is on or off road, 33's really need about 4" of total lift. The Zone 4.25 kit is a decent way to get this. Correctly set the bump stops.

With the 6 speed, 4.10 will work, but I would encourage 4.56 if you are paying the money for a regear.

Zone has mostly positive reviews. I've rode in a few Tj's that had that exact same kit and they rode pretty good. As far as gearing, if 33's are as big as you're going to go then 4.56 is ideal, especially if you ever run at highway speeds.

The Zone would work well with 33's. Seems to be a good lift on a budget. One other part you may consider is an adjustable trackbar in front. 3" springs will push the front end to the driver side. JKS is a good one for around 225 bucks. The Zone kit comes with a rear bracket so you are good there. I would go 4.56 with the 33's.