California 2003 TJ for sale. $8100 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblue5150

Supporting Member
Price
$8100
Selling our 2003 TJ. My kids drove this thing through high school and I never got the chance to take it on any trails. It has a salvage title due to accident back in 2010 (I have the car fax report). Jeep had the lift when we bought it. Just put in a Adams Drive shaft and slip yoke eliminator. Drives smooth, not vibrating. I replaced the weather stripping with OEM stuff and doesn't leak inside when it rains. Changed out the head gasket, tensioner pulley, alternator, rear main seal, oil pan gasket. The annoying things: faded fenders. driver side door lock sticks, might need a fuel pump (probably going to change that this weekend). LED lights were installed when I got the Jeep.

jeep 1.jpg

jeep 2.jpg

jeep 3.jpg

jeep 7.jpg

jeep 10.jpg

jeep 11.jpg

jeep 12.jpg

jeep 13.jpg

jeep 14.jpg

10500 seems ambitious for a salvage title unless there's some valuable mods you've left out like regeared axles and lockers or really low mileage.

Yeah, fair point. I was basing it off what I saw available on FB and CL. I would be open to negotiations. The salvage title is a turn off for some though.

Not trying to be a dick BTW, I've just been watching TJ listings on CL for about a year here in CA, and usually the ones with salvage titles are well under $10k UNLESS the rig was modified with quality parts and built into a nice trail rig. It's worth what someone will pay for it ultimately, and I wish you luck with the sale!

Reactions: mrblue5150
Not trying to be a dick BTW, I've just been watching TJ listings on CL for about a year here in CA, and usually the ones with salvage titles are well under $10k UNLESS the rig was modified with quality parts and built into a nice trail rig. It's worth what someone will pay for it ultimately, and I wish you luck with the sale!

Yeah, didn't take it that way. Feedback is good. I'm not in a real rush to sell it, I might let it ride like this for a week or two and see how it does. If I do not get any bites, I will drop the price. There are some nice TJ's in my area for the $12-$13k range, so I hope that I am priced below that enough. This is the first day I've had it on FB market place so we shall see how it goes. Thanks for the input. I'll keep everyone posted. What would your assessment be BTW based on what I have posted?

I'd take some photos of the frame to show it's rust free, add the mileage, and any info regarding the salvage title. Then show extra photos of the affected area to show off it was fixed right.

I'd list it under 10 because the price will get people's attention. Some won't touch a salvage title and others want a steep discount.

You're in concord so go park it in front of San Ramon high school tomorrow in danville. I haven't been down there for a while but people use to park for sale cars there every weekend. All you need is a dad and son to drive by it.

Reactions: JMT and mrblue5150
Get some back to black and rub it on the flares. Should make them pop for a few months.

Get some back to black and rub it on the flares. Should make them pop for a few months.

Thanks good advice. Unfortunately I do not know the story behind the salvage title. Carfax only says that it was a total loss then a rebuild title was issued. My buddy that I bought it from in like 2016 said he was told by the guy he bought it from in Gustine was that a tree fell on it and the insurance deemed it a total loss, it was repaired and that's all the info I got.

Reactions: nolander
I’ve lowered the price. Facebook Market place is super difficult to deal with. Lol. You get the weirdest responses.

Reactions: THunter
Salvage titles are only a risk to people who aren’t able to check out the vehicle and identify if it was repaired correctly or not. If they were repaired correctly they are as good as a vehicle that was not wrecked.

This one has been on the road 13 yrs since the incident. If that is admissible as testimony to the repair quality, I’d say it’s good to go!

GLWS

Salvage Title may - or may not - be completely meaningless as InsCos just *LOVE* to "total" vehicles rather than repair them - sometimes even if they have to pay out more than the repair would cost!

Yep agree with the salvage title thing being circumstantial. My truck has a rebuilt title from a front end accident and it’s smooth as glass and tracks straight as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.