2004 Cummins 4BT Swap - 5-Speed Tremec 4050 - NP 205

Have you had a chance to do any comparison measurements between drivetrain size? Mainly wondering about the size of the two transmissions?
I know you'd said you thought you were going to gain about 10" on overall length?

Have you had a chance to do any comparison measurements between drivetrain size? Mainly wondering about the size of the two transmissions?
I know you'd said you thought you were going to gain about 10" on overall length?

overall Tremec and NP 205 should be 10 inches shorter than the current 5 spd and NV 231 I think I remember coming up with Plus 6 inches to add on to the rear drive shaft after deducting the Cummins Engine adapter plate to the Tremec Bellhousing adapter and the Advanced adapter T-case adapter

Reactions: Rickyd
When I get the entire drive train on the test stand I will post all the critical measurements and all the same measurements from the 4.0 5spd 231 set up

Reactions: mvigo
overall Tremec and NP 205 should be 10 inches shorter than the current 5 spd and NV 231 I think I remember coming up with Plus 6 inches to add on to the rear drive shaft after deducting the Cummins Engine adapter plate to the Tremec Bellhousing adapter and the Advanced adapter T-case adapter

Since it's been mentioned here and brought up in other threads how much bigger physically is the Tremec (height/width) compared to the NV3550? In the one install article that I'd read it showed them using a stock skid plate but they also had to notch it.

Looks like skid plate was notched and had a TCase drop.

Looks like skid plate was notched and had a TCase drop.

That does look that way in the video. But I wonder what can be done other ways to raise the engine/transmission if possible. As Gunnersmate said he'll have to wait to see where the engine ends up which will dictate where the transmission can go. If possible I'd cut the trans tunnel to get some clearance. I have read where some guys who swapped in a NV4500 had to modify the transmission tunnel area.

Ok not much happened today got the seals installed waiting on the brown truck to bring the benchstone, the taps, the shift rails and the new hardware and I need to order a bearing that was not included the Master Kit, have a surgery scheduled in April hopefully this T-case is buttoned up before then

Reactions: Wildman
Ok the Brown truck showed up today with a bench stone and I hit the Machined gasket surface and knocked the burrs and high spots down left a little tiger striping

IMG_1110.jpg

Replaced all the Seals and Idler bearings and races

IMG_1111.jpg

Idler with new bearings and races
IMG_1112.jpg

here is something you do not see anymore Made in the USA bearings
IMG_1113.jpg

Reactions: Rickyd and Wildman
Hit a small obstacle today I cannot get this Anti rotation Pin out of the output shaft it pulls out any Ideas are welcome already tried heat

IMG_1114.png