2004 Rubicon 42RLE stuck in second gear

inlovewithrubi

I am at my wits end !! The details 04 tj rubicon 4.0 42rle. Got into my jeep one morning and it was stuck in second gear. Replaced solinoid pack, filter , new fluid. Still stuck in second gear. Brand new aftermarket transmission, and new TCU. Still stuck in second gear. All connections correct no visible damage to wiring. I am lost, and don't know where to turn next.
Last thing found before I had to go to sleep for work. Electronics connection on drivers side was not secure. Also found that O/D override switch was not working.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
May be unrelated and too simple, but have you checked the internal shaft on the shifter? Mine snapped once when trying to reverse into a spot. These have been known to break. Just pull the handle off and see if the plastic is free floating (it shouldn't be).

Correct, I am aware of this happening, but my jeep is stuck in LIMP mode/ second gear.
The shifter in the cab will cycle through all the gears, but trans will not go into first.
I do currently have my locker pumps out while I clean them up and make provisions for a new location.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
i have the exact same problem its been like 8 month since it begins and i really dunno what to do i did exactly the same as you did but its useless so if anyone knows how to solve this please tell me

i'm really tired of trying solving this problem i did everything i know like gear cooler changing vlave body and Replaced solinoid, filter , new fluid nothing worked its been like 8 mouth or more i did read about this problem and now i know that its called limp mode or something...
btw the car is shifting good when its cold but when its a lil worm this limp mode thing happen so like when i turn the car on its shifting for like 20-30 min then this happen.
if anyone knows anything please help !

@albshri I am mark with Wranglerfix. The codes you are getting for your 06 are pcm failure without question!

Can you take a picture of the authorized software update number on the pcm please?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
We use a different pcm that is modified to work in the 05-06 TJ’s. The oem unit is not repairable. Send me the photo tomorrow and I will verify the software needed for yours.

Thanks,

Mark