2004 TJ evap leak

maxedstrom

I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler that’s been having some troubles with an evap leak for some time. I’ve done many things to diagnose but nothing appears to be working. I’ve had it smoke tested and no leaks were shown. The purge valve has been replaced and I’ve replaced many gas caps. My next guess is the whole evap canister but it’s like 180 bucks so id like to exhaust all other options first. Does anyone have any other ideas that I could try. Thanks for the help. Oh and the codes showing are p0456 p0455 p0422

I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler that’s been having some troubles with an evap leak for some time. I’ve done many things to diagnose but nothing appears to be working. I’ve had it smoke tested and no leaks were shown. The purge valve has been replaced and I’ve replaced many gas caps. My next guess is the whole evap canister but it’s like 180 bucks so id like to exhaust all other options first. Does anyone have any other ideas that I could try. Thanks for the help. Oh and the codes showing are p0456 p0455 p0422
you haven’t by chance replaced your fuel pump lately have you?

I got the car about 2 years ago and in that time I havnt changed it. But I know it’s had a lot of owners so I would not be surprised
I just ran into some similar problems with my 97 throwing evap and catalytic converter codes and after checking all the normal culprits that you’ve checked I dropped my gas tank and found that my locking ring was loose from when I swapped my fuel pump last year…. The way I understand it, the fuel lines and evap lines are all a pressurized system and a loss of pressure or a gain in oxygen can cause the computer to see a problem… My loose locking ring was allowing gas fumes to release from the tank Which the computer saw as a problem… I snugged up lock ring and no more codes… Not saying that’s your problem but any leak can cause these codes…