2005 TJ Door Seal Recommendations?

DonW

The door seals on my 2005 Wrangler TJ are worn and leaking. I’ve looked for OEM replacements without luck. Now my choices are third party vendors including Crown, Omix, Fairchild, PPR, and probably others. Does anyone have experience with any of these or other options? I’m in Oregon so it rains just a bit. Thanks.

I second this post because I when I got my 05 the seals were so thick the doors wouldn’t shut easily. I’m thinking now they are aftermarket seals or not installed correctly. If someone knows a good fitting set of seals I’d like to know.

I confess to using the low-cost ebay version on our full doors.
Ironically, the first set that I received were AFU and wouldn't work because whoever glued the ends together managed to twist the material.
I carefully installed them going around the door, aligning the plastic pins to the corresponding holes, making certain that I was using the correct one on the correct door.
I had to send them back and get a new set, but so far I am completely happy.
They were a bit 'too thick' when first installed & we had to really shut the door like we meant it, but they have 'crushed down' a bit with use and no more leaks, whistling, or vibrating doors.

I just ordered some Fairchild seals for my full doors (2001). I’m working my way through potential sources of rain leaks. I have installed the passenger door which has the worst leak. Went one pretty good and the clips were all lined up correctly. It did make the door harder to close which I was expecting since the old seal seamed worn out. I have not had a hard rain since I installed it to see if it fixed the leak. I am waiting to install the drivers door seal after I found the windshield seal on the drivers side (on a replacement windshield) had shrunk up and the top corner of the seal was completely away from the metal frame (put some silicone in it and want to see if that was the source of the drivers side leak before putting new seal in).

The mopar seals seem to be getting hard to find (or at least they were about a year ago when I was looking for some for my LJ). I ended up finding one at a dealer in the Midwest that was a return and they sold it to me anyway.

I used crown for my half doors with good results. They were “full” at first, but they conformed to the door well after a bit.