2006 TJ track bar axle mount bolt location after lift install

rapidroy5858

Trying to figure why po drilled 2nd hole in axle mount for track bar.
The jeep has a lift I cant say for sure what it is but I suspect it is 4 inch(how can I tell for sure?)
I would like to know which hole was the stock location for the trac bar.
I have been experiencing a bit of death wobble and plan to replace the bar ,my question is should it be bolted in stock location or is it necessary to drill new hole to relocate the bar on the mount.I attached a pic showing where bar is bolted to mount(not the best pic sorry) the 2nd hole is more towards passenger side.
Any info is greatly appreciated!

20230814_120036.jpg

20230814_120013.jpg

When the springs lift the frame it pulls the track bar with it, and the owner drilled a new hole closer to the drivers side (it’s in the new hole now it appears) to keep the axle centered.

An adjustable track bar is the ideal solution. Even the $129 one rough country sells is ok if you are on a budget, just crank hard on the jam nut.

It also appears you have no sway bar links. Just a comment.

Learn to do a dry steering test, use our search engine.

Well balanced tires and good connections are the foundation to Jeep straight axle stability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danarch
When the springs lift the frame it pulls the track bar with it, and the owner drilled a new hole closer to the DRIVER side (it’s in the new hole now it appears) to keep the axle centered.

An adjustable track bar is the ideal solution. Even the $129 one rough country sells is ok if you are on a budget, just crank hard on the jam nut.

Well balanced tires and good connections are the foundation to Jeep straight axle stability.

FIFY

Reactions: AndyG
If people don't buy an adjustable track bar then a cheap solution is to drill a hole (typically about 3/4" to the right of the original hole as you're looking at it). This is to keep the axle centered under the jeep. If you didn't drill the hole, and you kept the stock track bar, the axle would appear to be more towards the driver's side as you are looking at it from the front. By drilling the hole and relocating the track bar, it allows the axle to stay centered.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Is your axle centered at ride height?
I wouldn't think a new hole would be enough for a 4" lift.
You can measure your springs and or spacers (not including the factory isolator) to determine your lift.
Stock is 12" in front, 8" in the rear.

Is your axle centered at ride height?
I wouldn't think a new hole would be enough for a 4" lift.
You can measure your springs and or spacers (not including the factory isolator) to determine your lift.
Stock is 12" in front, 8" in the rear.

So if i have a 4 inch lift I would be looking at 16 inch springs or spring&spacer total of 16 inches?

Reactions: LONGJP2
When the springs lift the frame it pulls the track bar with it, and the owner drilled a new hole closer to the passenger side (it’s in the new hole now it appears) to keep the axle centered.

Ty,I think I now understand, he lifted it, did not add an adj. Tb so he had to drill new mount hole to accommodate the tb position change.
I have the sb liks off temporarily.
Ty for the info

Did he weld a big washer to the front of your track bar axle mount? Looks kind of weird when you zoom in on the original picture.