2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon sport 4 door

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I looked at a (what I guess is called a JK) 2012 Jeep rubicon 4 door the other day and they said it needed a new sway-bar module. ?
So do ya just repair it yourself?
Buy a new one ?
Can you replace it with a Currie anti sway bar ?
Also the 241 t-cast was not shifting properly and they said it all had to do with the sway-bar .
Thanks

I haven’t been keeping up on the jk forum even though I have one, my tj is the favorite and fun vehicle. I believe you can go one of two ways. They have a lot of trouble with these parts due to water intrusion, so you can open them up and clean them out. And then grease them up and reseal them. The other solution is to put a manual disconnect on them.
You might want to visit a jk forum and get better info. Wish I could help more.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I haven’t been keeping up on the jk forum even though I have one, my tj is the favorite and fun vehicle. I believe you can go one of two ways. They have a lot of trouble with these parts due to water intrusion, so you can open them up and clean them out. And then grease them up and reseal them. The other solution is to put a manual disconnect on them.
You might want to visit a jk forum and get better info. Wish I could help more.
Thank you. Any info is good info !

Is it lifted? It could need longer sway bar connectors, trackbars or relocation brackets, control arms, brake lines, and adjustments to the transfercase shifting.

The transfer case on the jk is stiff to shift and even harder if you use it as a mall crawler and don’t shift it regularly. It also has plastic bushings that easily break if you yank on the shift lever hard to get it into 4lo or 4hi. It takes some finesse to shift the transfer case compared to our tj's. You gotta exercise these guys to keep them healthy.

Y’all thanks for all the info! I passed on it.
Just like my tj too much.
I called back yesterday just to inquire about the jk and the dealer told me they ordered all the parts to fix it and then raised price $5000.000.
No thank you

• Dislike
Reactions: TJ Jim