21 Year Old TJ Looks Better Than New

Soulbird

Hello,

I’m new here and thoroughly enjoying the posts and community input. TJ owners are the best!!

I’m the original owner of a 2000 TJ that's been my daily driver all these years. Last month I completed (well almost) a full face lift for my pride and joy. He got a color change (wrap not paint), new tires, fender flares, Smittybilt stainless bumpers, hood trim, door handles, rock guards and seat covers. I know this is all aesthetic stuff but I just had to share the before and after pics with those who would appreciate ‘em.

Old Jeep Profile small.jpeg

New Jeep Profile small.jpeg

Front of Old Jeep small.jpeg

Front of New Jeep small.jpeg

Hood of Old Jeep.JPG

Hood of New Jeep.JPG

Back of Old Jeep.png

Back of New Jeep.png

Must be a bit weird looking at a different color having owned it from new. I'm a bit biased toward PS5 myself.

Looks like there's no shortage of jeeps in your neighborhood

Must be a bit weird looking at a different color having owned it from new. I'm a bit biased toward PS5 myself.

Looks like there's no shortage of jeeps in your neighborhood

Yes, I was a bit concerned about changing the OEM color but once that wrap went on I knew it was a good choice. Got lucky too, since the original color is silver, the remaining uncovered parts almost look like stainless.

As for your PS5, what brand do you use and what parts have you painted with it?

And yes, we have a total of 5 Jeep Wranglers on our street. There must have been a blow out sale, buy one get one free or something at a local dealership!

Reactions: Alex01
Not a chrome or light guard fan myself, but that colour does look awesome, and it looks like the wrap was done very well!

As for your PS5, what brand do you use and what parts have you painted with it?
I used Automotive paint from Sherwin Williams and have used Airisal cans from ERA paints in the past.

Painted: Corner armor, front fenders, rear vanity armor, half doors, trail doors, slider backers/rub rails.

Very nice looking rig! Always great to see folks put the effort into getting it done right.
Ready to be driven another 20+ years!