242 horsepower 242ci

A little amc love on power nation. I do wish they had tried a stock intake and mpfi

Good to see a Power Nation fan. Those shows are filmed down the road from me. Product placement has gotten a bit out of hand, but I still watch. Big fan of Tommy and Detroit Muscle.

Reactions: Rickyd
Good to see a Power Nation fan. Those shows are filmed down the road from me. Product placement has gotten a bit out of hand, but I still watch. Big fan of Tommy and Detroit Muscle.

He puts together some awesome cars for those motors to go in. The supercharged junkyard 6.4l hemi build was awesome.in a roadrunner right?
I liked the turbo 300 six in the ford flatbed too(not tommy)

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
That shows back date the engine will work.

A 258 12 weight crank with flat top pistons to bump the CR, Port match both manifolds.

I am not a fan of roller rockers as they add one more thing to break.

One thing about flat tappet cams I have done over the years is install used spring that are not stiff and run the engine for about 20 minutes at 1200 rpm.

Also when starting up a rebuild engine use 30 wt non detergent oil to keep the assemble lube in place.

Now hook that carbed engine up to a 700r4 and put that in a TJ she will run forever.

stock 258
Horsepower 170 hp (127 kW; 172 PS) at 4600 rpm
Torque 240 lb⋅ft (325 N⋅m) at 2300 rpm

There build
Horsepower 243 @ 5000
Torque 286 @ 3700 rpm

Low end grunt the stock 258 is a stump puller.

Last edited:
Yep. That scenario (no accessories and lots of spark advance will bump the HP on an engine dyno). My Golen 4.6L (280 c.i.d) made over 280HP on an engine dyno too. Real world numbers on a chassis dyno are significantly less though. I imagine the stock motor would also show better numbers in that situation.

Reactions: RINC
Yep. That scenario (no accessories and lots of spark advance will bump the HP on an engine dyno). My Golen 4.6L (280 c.i.d) made over 280HP on an engine dyno too. Real world numbers on a chassis dyno are significantly less though. I imagine the stock motor would also show better numbers in that situation.

I just want to do long smokey burnout on the way to work.

He puts together some awesome cars for those motors to go in. The supercharged junkyard 6.4l hemi build was awesome.in a roadrunner right?
I liked the turbo 300 six in the ford flatbed too(not tommy)

My favorite Tommy build was the black ‘68 Charger restomod with the Hellcat Hemi. Sold a Mecum for 200 grand.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rickyd
I just want to do long smokey burnout on the way to work.

LS or hemi then. Actually, I like the coyote in my mustang even better, but its WIDE and is a tight fit in a TJ. Here's one in a YJ (I've seen a TJ with one somewhere...)
1693934926706.png

Half an LS? how about half a 460 Ford.
They can be stoked to 253 CI.
Big Block 4.JPG

How about a 230ci 4 cylinder?

The elusive 224/3.7 MerCruiser banger

MerCruiser 224 cid/3.7L I4 Bore: 4.36 Stroke: 3.75 Aluminum block Big block Ford head SB Chevy transmission compatible bellhousing pattern...

www.jalopyjournal.com

Mercruiser 3.7 Build, 1970 Cj5? Part 2, Fab And Adapting!

First thread getting long so hear goes part 2. Bell fits, all bolts and dowels except 1 o-clock. And maybe some starter clearencing ? Measurements....
www.earlycj5.com

That shows back date the engine will work.

A 258 12 weight crank with flat top pistons to bump the CR, Port match both manifolds.

I am not a fan of roller rockers as they add one more thing to break.

One thing about flat tappet cams I have done over the years is install used spring that are not stiff and run the engine for about 20 minutes at 1200 rpm.

Also when starting up a rebuild engine use 30 wt non detergent oil to keep the assemble lube in place.

Now hook that carbed engine up to a 700r4 and put that in a TJ she will run forever.

stock 258
Horsepower 170 hp (127 kW; 172 PS) at 4600 rpm
Torque 240 lb⋅ft (325 N⋅m) at 2300 rpm

There build
Horsepower 243 @ 5000
Torque 286 @ 3700 rpm

Low end grunt the stock 258 is a stump puller.

The strokers are great. Best of the 258 and 4.0l characteristics