265/75 tires on stock TJ Rubicon?

Thanks guys! :) I was excited to find the color, the flip open top was an upgrade after ripping the original on a trail, & I love the KO2's. It feels unstoppable! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Thanks guys! :) I was excited to find the color, the flip open top was an upgrade after ripping the original on a trail, & I love the KO2's. It feels unstoppable! :)

I would love to have a green one and a orange one!

What's next on the mod list?

Ha, I also, upon ripping the top & looking/finding the replacement, justified cloth upper & lower doors. They're also outstanding - so light you can take them off from the driver's seat & toss them in the back! :) Winter time = back to full doors, but only 'til spring.

The next addition I'd like is to find is a rear facing child seats. I have a 9 month old girl that loves Jeepin, & she'll have a brother 3 months from now. I need to find a child seat that works better or I'll have to sacrifice the TJ :(

With one baby, it works perfectly. 2 = problem solving needed lol

Ha, I also, upon ripping the top & looking/finding the replacement, justified cloth upper & lower doors. They're also outstanding - so light you can take them off from the driver's seat & toss them in the back! :) Winter time = back to full doors, but only 'til spring.

The next addition I'd like is to find is a rear facing child seats. I have a 9 month old girl that loves Jeepin, & she'll have a brother 3 months from now. I need to find a child seat that works better or I'll have to sacrifice the TJ :(

We have similar situations. We have a 3 year old daughter and another daughter on the way who will be here in April!

I don't think I could ever sell the TJ. That's why we have a Honda CRV for the family car.

We have similar situations. We have a 3 year old daughter and another daughter on the way who will be here in April!

I don't think I could ever sell the TJ. That's why we have a Honda CRV for the family car.
Ha, that's great! We do have a CRV, too! :)

Congrats on the future new addition! Our 'lil girl has set the bar really high as far as being a total rockstar kid! I was still totally cool w/a boy or a girl next, but if we were having a 2nd girl, she'd already have big shoes to fill lol.

Thanks, you too! I don't know how I'll handle three girls haha.

That's why we have the CRV so I don't have to sell the TJ. If it wasn't for the CRV though I would have no choice since the TJ couldn't fit 4 plus luggage very easily!

Luckily, my wife, as much as she loves the TJ for fun, locally, she's all about the Honda road trip experience.

Luckily, my wife, as much as she loves the TJ for fun, locally, she's all about the Honda road trip experience.

Haha, yep same here. We drive the TJ around in town occasionally but for the most part the daily driver is the CRV, which is fine with me. In the Summer time though when we have the top off the TJ it makes getting kids in the back seat much, much easier!

You guys are bringing back some memories, riding around with the babies in the back, in their car seat, top down. They loved it. Awesome. My kids now are 8 and 10, still love the jeep too. Last week, when it was in the body shop. I had a loaner. A Chrysler Sebring(!) When I came home, I told them I traded the jeep for it...they wouldn't talk to me they were so mad! lol

Wife wanted me to trade for a four door several times. I just can't do it. To me, I love how the TJ fits in the garage, narrow trails, and even tight parking spaces. It's the ultimate.

The previous owner had an mtr as the spare, but when I bought it, it came w/destination le2's; great for street, better than I though at easy off road stuff.

Ha, you ain't kiddin'. I decided on KO2 in 265 70 16. It was a toss up with ko2s/Duratracs. I saw that video where they toss the KO2 out of the plane and bolt it up on the Rubicon... Ha, yeah, tell marketing it worked. Only thins is Discount Tire says the 265/70's are $30/tire more than the 265/75/16, weird that the smaller size costs so much more.. Says it's an odd size and they have to hunt them down. The 265's are a bit of heavier than I wanted. 53 lbs, only 3 lb.s a tire so not too bad. They did say, if I don't dig 'em after a week or so, to bring 'em back and they'll get me the smaller size. Can't beat that. Plus they have a $100 rebate going on this week.

Jeff, that's because the 265/70 is going to be an oddball size compared to the 265/75. That's almost certainly why they cost more.

Post pictures once you get them installed!

You won't be returning them. You'll feel like your already virtually unstoppable ride just got past virtually. It's very empowering, & they handle great on road trips (just went from Indianapolis to Chicago & back in the same day w/no regrets at all (solo of course; wifey was outta town w/baby)).