31” vs 33” tires

For a tummy tuck you have to do a 1.25 inch body lift.
If you combine the 1.25 inch body lift with the 2.5 inch suspension lift, youll have too much room for 31’s. The 1.25 inch BL and 2.5 inch SL combination is ideal for 33’s.

Since you are wanting to stay on 31’s, a 1.25 inch body lift combined with a 1 inch H&R spring lift, would be perfect for a 31 inch tire and a tummy tuck.

Be aware you would need a SYE, a new driveshaft and adjustable links to alter the pinion angles.

thanks a lot for this advice. It got me into some serious thinking, since I was ready to go with a 2.5" spring lift kit.

I am going to do some more research now. (I'm aware about the SYE, etc, thanks for mentioning though)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
thanks a lot for this advice. It got me into some serious thinking, since I was ready to go with a 2.5" spring lift kit.

I am going to do some more research now. (I'm aware about the SYE, etc, thanks for mentioning though)
No problem! Glad we got you thinking. Jeeps plans are fun like that.

Honestly this is the best budget build advice. Raising the skid 3”, 1.25” more tire clearance, and 1” more suspension travel will make 31”s extremely capable off road.
X2 that....I have a 1999 2.5L and 31in tires. I went with BDS 2" springs and Rancho shocks (no body lift). I actually got a 2.5" lift out of it and have slight drive line vibes so i'm going to lower my TC to hopefully correct. I think part of the extra lift is because the 4 cylinder is so light up front. Either way, my end result is a lower skid unfortunately. Not a big deal for me, but the better approach would be what is suggested above. I'm going to add a winch as well but you are right about keeping it light.