31" tires with 2-3" lifts?

Oooh, I didn't know about this one! Thanks!

It's not as flat as the Savvy unit, but it gets the job done. But have you ever even seen a .5" body lift? I haven't seen anything under 1".
Know anyone with a lathe and access to aluminum bar stock? Body lift pucks aren't rocket science, the tolerences are rather loose and the front rubber mounts can be trimmed down from what's available from other vendors. Hardware store bolts are probably better than what comes in most kits. Same with 1/2" motor mount lift blocks to match.

Know anyone with a lathe and access to aluminum bar stock? Body lift pucks aren't rocket science, the tolerences are rather loose and the front rubber mounts can be trimmed down from what's available from other vendors. Hardware store bolts are probably better than what comes in most kits. Same with 1/2" motor mount lift blocks to match.

No need, look what I found!
https://www.rokmen.com/rokmen-1-2-body-lift.html

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Oh, I totally forgot about that. Maybe I should give it a try, huh?

I just don't want to use their JKS shocks with it. I'd rather use Ranchos. They only offer it with their JKS shocks or Fox shocks.

Yes, they do off the Fox shock upgrade, and you can still use Currie arms all around and sell the JKS disco's for an AR. Although, now that I just said that, the only thing JSPEC about that lift would be the springs, lol! You actually won't need most of the stuff in that lift cause, for one, you'll probably go AR for the sway bar, you'll need an angled rear TB bracket so you can rotate the rear pinion to match your new DC driveshaft you'll need for the TT, and you'll probably ditch the JKS TB or a Currie, because you're the Currie poster boy(I say that in all respect, so don't hate, lol).

Reactions: StG58
Yes, they do off the Fox shock upgrade, and you can still use Currie arms all around and sell the JKS disco's for an AR. Although, now that I just said that, the only thing JSPEC about that lift would be the springs, lol! You actually won't need most of the stuff in that lift cause, for one, you'll probably go AR for the sway bar, you'll need an angled rear TB bracket so you can rotate the rear pinion to match your new DC driveshaft you'll need for the TT, and you'll probably ditch the JKS TB or a Currie, because you're the Currie poster boy(I say that in all respect, so don't hate, lol).
Watch for interference at low lift heights on the TB's. I'm pretty sure that JKS and Currie are some of the very few that don't get into other components under there.

Reactions: Chris
No buttcrack for you! Lol. Yea I hate my 1.25" BL, but had to be done I guess. 0.5" won't even be able to tell you have one on there.

Exactly, and you probable won't have any issues with the fan shroud or TC linkage, so screw the MML. Use their gas tank skid and you can raise that 0.5" too. Nth Degree makes an interesting TT also with an even more interesting trany mount. Then let's not forget UCF.

Reactions: Starrs and StG58
Exactly, and you probable won't have any issues with the fan shroud or TC linkage, so screw the MML. Use their gas tank skid and you can raise that 0.5" too. Nth Degree makes an interesting TT also with an even more interesting trany mount. Then let's not forget UCF.
UCF aluminum for the win! (Well, on an early SE anyway)

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Watch for interference at low lift heights on the TB's. I'm pretty sure that JKS and Currie are one of the very few that don't get into other components under there.

Might have to ditch the Currie steering also, since is just so dang beefy.

Reactions: StG58
Yeah, I'm not sure I'll be able to use the Currie steering on my new build. It might not work well with only 2" of suspension lift.

But that sounds like a great build... 2" suspension, .5" body lift, Rokmen skid plates. That would be a build that wouldn't break the bank, but would be pretty capable I'd say.

...and pretty much doesn't work with that low of a lift. But then, the ZJ mod is all you need with 31's.

It's iffy. I hear it will work at 2" of lift, but you need to extend the bump stops by quite a bit, which IMHO isn't worth it just to run beefier steering. I'd rather have less bump stop personally.

I don't know about you, but I don't usually bash my steering into anything.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'll be able to use the Currie steering on my new build. It might not work well with only 2" of suspension lift.

But that sounds like a great build... 2" suspension, .5" body lift, Rokmen skid plates. That would be a build that wouldn't break the bank, but would be pretty capable I'd say.
Gotta go atleast 32" duratracs hahaha

White letters out! Lol

It's iffy. I hear it will work at 2" of lift, but you need to extend the bump stops by quite a bit, which IMHO isn't worth it just to run beefier steering. I'd rather have less bump stop personally.

No you won't. The ZJ steering actually gives you more clearance, and as long as you stick with a Barnett cover or one of the half covers up front you will fine with no added bumpstop extension. Only exception there might be the Dana 44 up front. Not sure how much bigger the pumkin is from my Dana 30.

That Rokmen setup has been out for quite some time. Long before UCF and Savvy got in the picture. Just not sure how their customer service is holding up. Only thing I've bought from them over the years so far is a steering skid. This was part of my original build plan in the beginning until I ohh shiny'd and went "full retard" on my TJ.

Reactions: Chris and StG58

Same here. Isn't installing the Currie steering a one way trip as well? I know that after looking at it, I went with the ZJ tie rod and called it good.

Thought of another good reason to stay with 31" tires. Brakes. The stock brakes work just fine with 31" tires. Upgrade to premium components (cough, Black Magic stock kit, cough, cough) and you're good to go.

Same here. Isn't installing the Currie steering a one way trip as well? I know that after looking at it, I went with the ZJ tie rod and called it good.

Thought of another good reason to stay with 31" tires. Brakes. The stock brakes work just fine with 31" tires. Upgrade to premium components (cough, Black Magic stock kit, cough, cough) and you're good to go.

The other nice thing about the ZJ setup as oppose to Currie, is should you blow out a tie-rod end, you can get one at any automotive part store. The Currie one you obviously have to order it online and wait for it to get here.

Of course I'm not sure you'd easily blow out a Currie tie-rod end, but you catch my drift.

So it sounds like from what @bobthetj03 is saying, the Currie steering would fit with no bump stop extension if I was running a Dana 30, but with my Dana 44 and the bigger pumpkin, it could potentially have some clearance issues (without the added bump stop). Of course this is just speculation, I don't know this for a fact.

I'll probably just go with the ZJ tie rod though.

The ZJ conversion is cheap enough that you can give it a try. If it doesn't work out, swap it out for a Currie. I like simple and straight forward, personally.

The other nice thing about the ZJ setup as oppose to Currie, is should you blow out a tie-rod end, you can get one at any automotive part store. The Currie one you obviously have to order it online and wait for it to get here.

Of course I'm not sure you'd easily blow out a Currie tie-rod end, but you catch my drift.

So it sounds like from what ]@bobthetj03 is saying, the Currie steering would fit with no bump stop extension if I was running a Dana 30, but with my Dana 44 and the bigger pumpkin, it could potentially have some clearance issues (without the added bump stop).[/B] Of course this is just speculation, I don't know this for a fact.

I'll probably just go with the ZJ tie rod though.

No, I meant the ZJ steering should clear. I'm not sure that even the Dana 30 will clear with the Currie steering and a 2" lift. Question for Blaine maybe?

Since it pertains to subject from the OP also, what about adjustable track bars f&r for a smaller lift! My rear is still off a tad with a TB relocation bracket.

I ask because I’ve read that it will not be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk