32 inch spare tire won't fit

Semper_Fi13

So I have a factory set up, and went to 32 inch tires and now my spear will not fit on. Anyone give me ideas or do they make an adapter

Is it that your lug posts don’t reach the holes or is the tire being obstructed by the third brake light/bumper?

If the tire isn’t hitting something and it’s not some type of aftermarket wheel backspacing issue, perhaps just using a hub spacer will do the trick?

We had this issue with my brothers tj. I used a couple of old rubber exhaust hangers I had and put them behind the spare on the bottom 2 mounting lugs to make the bottom lean slightly outward. It is virtually unnoticeable and it gave just enough room to close the tailgate.

Is it hitting the third brake light mount or the bumper or the snubbers? If the third brake light, some washers between the mount and the tire carrier could work (I did this with a 33). If it’s the snubbers, they could simply be trimmed a bit. If the bumper, you may need a solution like the MORryde to lift the tire a bit.

Reactions: Semper_Fi13
Is it that your lug posts don’t reach the holes or is the tire being obstructed by the third brake light/bumper?

If the tire isn’t hitting something and it’s not some type of aftermarket wheel backspacing issue, perhaps just using a hub spacer will do the trick?
Lugs post to short

Wheel spacer and some nylon spacers i had left over from another project to move the brake light up. I have 33"s and used the wheel spacer to get the tire to hit the bumper less so the tailgate will close.

20220402_182258.jpg

I replaced the ET brake light with a round one behind the spare & bought (3) hockey pucks and installed them between the rubber bumpers and the tailgate door; now my 32" spare fits like a glove.