32RH transmission cooler question

Best thing to do first is to pull the shaft and measure the total length of the spline to determine engagement.

First, mark the shaft so after you pull it apart you can put it back together in the same position (this is important). Then unbolt the shaft at the pinion (axle side), pop the shaft out of the yoke (being careful not to let the u-joint caps come off), and pull the shaft apart at the spline. Measure and record the total length of the splines from a reference point, and then put it all back together. Using that measurement, you can then determine how much spline engagement you have a ride height. Then, you can drop the rear axle to full droop and again using your measurement, you can determine spline engagement at full droop.

Post up what you find, and we can let you know if it looks like enough.
So I read a bit on tom woods site. According to their guide, I have an xc shaft. Says there should be an exposed 2.5" of spline showing at ride height, plus/minus 1/2". I measured mine, its sitting at 3.5" of exposed spline, so 1/2" beyond recommended range. Is this enough to cause concern? I guess it would depend on how much "droop" (not sure the correct term) there is in the axle, to see if there is a minimum of of 2" of spline left covered up. Again, this was what I read on their site. Not sure if the length of spline is standard or not. I dont have time to pull it right now, so was doing a bit of reading.