4speedhandler

TJ Enthusiast
I know i've asked a lot about rear diffs but now i have a good rear figured out and about ready to go in so now time to finalize the front and see what i can do with what i have on hand. i know some shafts are made and some carriers but there isnt a lot of selection or information on 35 spline 44 setups. You're all going to say to go with a 60 but i have a hp44 to work with and figured out my whole rear situation and now im finalizing the front diff before moving onto collecting suspension stuff. And before saying that 35 spline makes the ring and pinion the weak point look at the jana 54 kit. I think this would be the best ballance of weight, ground clearance and, as i have access to a few wrecking yards, money.
So other than the auburn ected what dana 44 carriers are made in 35 spline?
Is the easiest way to get 60 outers (needed in place of the 44 outers) to use just to part out a truck front diff?
If not going 35 spline what can be done to make the shafts/u-joints/outers as strong as possible?

What sizes of axle shafts have you been breaking on what size tires, and what size tires do you plan to run? What front axle will you be running?

I havent broken anything yet as i have a stock 30/35 right now and am going to wait to do serious wheeling until after i've swapped in the new axles and finished asssembling the suspension. I plan to run the h1 beadlocks with 37-12.50-16.50 michelins. The rear axle is a 35 spline 60 and the front will be an hp44 with the jantz engineering jana 54 kit. Im trying to think of ways to make it so that i can have the vehicle built far beyond my abilities or what i would ever want to do in order to be able to flog it hard and not worry abrout breakage.
The biggest reason i was thinking of 60 outers was more for the u-joint strength than the shaft diameter but at that point why stay with the small shaft?

I havent broken anything yet as i have a stock 30/35 right now and am going to wait to do serious wheeling until after i've swapped in the new axles and finished asssembling the suspension. I plan to run the h1 beadlocks with 37-12.50-16.50 michelins. The rear axle is a 35 spline 60 and the front will be an hp44 with the jantz engineering jana 54 kit. Im trying to think of ways to make it so that i can have the vehicle built far beyond my abilities or what i would ever want to do in order to be able to flog it hard and not worry abrout breakage.
The biggest reason i was thinking of 60 outers was more for the u-joint strength than the shaft diameter but at that point why stay with the small shaft?

Sorry but if you flog it hard you will break! U*-joints, drive shafts, gears. Take you pick. You can wheel hard and not break. You just need to wheel smart.