52 inch curved light bar

gatertamer

Mud dauber
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
anyone got any thoughts about the 52 inch curved light bar?...I just got one and it doesn't look as cool as I thought, but the off road lights that came with it are very bright and look good.

anyone got any thoughts about the 52 inch curved light bar?...I just got one and it doesn't look as cool as I thought, but the off road lights that came with it are very bright and look good.

I agree. Big light bars look dumb and aren't very useful. Smaller lights are more than enough and are more versatile.

Pics — yes, we need pics.

Don't know if the light bar is any good for this, but I just did my first night ride and was wishing I had lights aimed low so I'd still have some light on the ground when the front end is up on something.

I agree. Big light bars look dumb and aren't very useful. Smaller lights are more than enough and are more versatile.
what do you think about smaller lights on the hard top...would you use a bar to mount them across or drill holes into the top...(I don't remove the top very much)?

Don't know if the light bar is any good for this, but I just did my first night ride and was wishing I had lights aimed low so I'd still have some light on the ground when the front end is up on something.
always nice to see whats coming ahead of you

what do you think about smaller lights on the hard top...would you use a bar to mount them across or drill holes into the top...(I don't remove the top very much)?
I like my extra lights below the hood and pointed at whatever I need to see. There is no need to light up the Jeep itself.

Reactions: derekmac

about the pics I didn't install it I just set it up on the roof and thought I don't think so

I was setting up camp in a desert canyon last weekend in the late afternoon, still bright daylight maybe 4:30 or so. Here came a newish JK driving up the dirt road with his new LED lightbar on, he couldn't wait until dark to turn it on lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaloStapalo
20180915_181325_HDR (1).jpg 20181020_131545_HDR (1).jpg 20181020_163423_HDR (1).jpg some before and after...33's and rims coming next

I agree that light bars can be a little overrated. 4 pod lights were more than enough lighting when going offroad at night where I live. And it gets DARK here. Two spots on the windshield and two floods on the winch. I never had any visibility issues. Ignore the fact that this is a YJ :D

59A503AF-7515-4B85-B7B2-938E062DC992.jpeg

6C9C6CB3-ECCA-480C-8B01-3E78F9D2D260.jpeg

Reactions: gatertamer
Wow that is a lotta light ...think ill return light bar get more pods.....do you know how many watts yours are.i got a couple 18 watt leds but just put em on

Wow that is a lotta light ...think ill return light bar get more pods.....do you know how many watts yours are.i got a couple 18 watt leds but just put em on
I honestly couldn’t tell ya. I bought both the pairs used from a friend for $20. I know they were low wattage/amperage though. Probably right around the same size as the ones you have.