98 TJ Bullshit Continues

Kraken72

Bolt Breaker
Supporting Member
So I traced wiring and grounds, all good. Got a test light checked all fuses. Checked power to sensors, starter, battery is good. Installed new crank and camshaft sensor, also tried another computer from another 98 TJ 5spd fed emissions like mine. Well I turned the key dash lights up, turn to start and nothing. No click or anything, don't even hear any relay's click or fuel pump run. My PCM is at WranglerFix. I am at my wit's end with this f...ing Jeep. Any ideas?

So at this point, it has to be a loose connection or broken wiring, or grounds. If not Jeep will be for sale soon. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Do you have an original thread detailing more what's going on? Seems like you started a new thread for some reason and we've got no background. Maybe I'm reading it wrong though.

Well the Jeep runs again. So could not sleep woke up at 0430. Went out to the Jeep with my meter and test light, tested the starting system and relay's. Tried to start and nothing no clicking or anything. Removed PDC from mount, removed bottom cover. 1st wire I checked was the brown wire coming from the starter to #87 on the relay. Connector was loose and corroded, cleaned and squeezed end, reconnected to relay and she started up. No check engine lights or anything. So hopefully that fixed my problem. Have some spare sensors for the future and a spare PCM. All this crap for a loose connection. Thanks for the help 😊

So you traced the wires, but did you test them for resistance and load test as well. A wire can appear intact and still be an open circuit

So you traced the wires, but did you test them for resistance and load test as well. A wire can appear intact and still be an open circuit

Yes I tested for resistance, they were good. The connector would fall off #87 relay blade for the starter. I went over every ground, splice and connector in the Jeep since this started. That is what led me to check the wiring connectors underneath the PDC to make sure the connectors were not loose. So glad I figured it out.