A/C won’t blow on high

Just do some electrical troubleshooting with a multi-meter testing for where the voltage stops and you will determine why the high speed does not work instead of all this supposition...
Skills I need but don't have yet. All I know how to use is a test light. I'll be youtube'ing it next week.

I understood the high speed blower on 97’s to be on its own fuse with the 3 lower speeds going through the resistor on a separate fuse behind the glovebox. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was wrong I didn’t specify the high speed blower fuse under the hood.
Where his '97 TJ is concerned, all 4 speeds are protected by Fuse #11. Other than the switch, the next most likely item that could cause the High speed setting not to work is the blower motor relay that only actuates on the High speed fan setting.

Other than the switch, the next most likely cause of the fan not running in its high speed setting is the blower motor relay.

Where his '97 TJ is concerned, all 4 speeds are protected by Fuse #11. Other than the switch, the next most likely item that could cause the High speed setting not to work is the blower motor relay that only actuates on the High speed fan setting.

Other than the switch, the next most likely cause of the fan not running in its high speed setting is the blower motor relay.
Thanks Jerry, to the post earlier, the switch is cheap, but I am going to try DeoxIT first, since I have some in the house. Got a new one on order from Amazon that had good reviews I'll thrown in otherwise.

The steering shaft replacement in my other thread is priority, then the stereo and this next, MAYBY get to both this weekend if parts get here.

Thanks Jerry, to the post earlier, the switch is cheap, but I am going to try DeoxIT first, since I have some in the house.
Detoxit is simply a contact cleaner, nothing else. Rapidly rotating the switch back & forth multiple times will clean the contacts by simply wiping them against the other side. I spent 40 years in the technical side of the electronics industry and while cleaners have their place, I have cans of it in my garage, I really doubt this problem is caused by just a simple dirty contact. Especially a high current contact as the fan motor switch uses.

Reactions: PattonD

Thanks for the clarity on this, Jerry.

Reactions: PattonD
To follow up, was able to pull the dash, the original was burned out.

The Amazon part had a different shaft, heading to Autozone

image.jpg

Reactions: CharlesHS