A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

:LOL: Every time I think about a Hemi conversion, I kick myself in the ass. Just before Covid I passed on a really nice Red LJ that was stock, except for a recent Hemi conversion. I didn't want to spend $20K at that time. Stupid me! 😞

One thing I've found in Virginia, is there are a boatload of rusted out Rams with hemis. Not trying to influence you one way or the other.:LOL:

Hpd30 in the tj, 60s and a hemi in the lj!

Or the Dana 44 front you have in the lj since you gear that down to 5.38 which would help since it would be slightly heavier than the tj.

• Love
Reactions: RINC
Every time I think about a Hemi conversion, I kick myself in the ass. Just before Covid I passed on a really nice Red LJ that was stock, except for a recent Hemi conversion. I didn't want to spend $20K at that time. Stupid me! 😞
Better to kick yourself for not buying a Jeep then for selling one you should have kept. Wish I would have held onto the black LJ I had. It would be nice to have a clean street Jeep to compliment my trail Jeep at this stage of my life.

Better to kick yourself for not buying a Jeep then for selling one you should have kept. Wish I would have held onto the black LJ I had. It would be nice to have a clean street Jeep to compliment my trail Jeep at this stage of my life.

I had a black LJ that I could not afford.

Every time I think about a Hemi conversion, I kick myself in the ass. Just before Covid I passed on a really nice Red LJ that was stock, except for a recent Hemi conversion. I didn't want to spend $20K at that time. Stupid me! 😞

Buying that would have been just selfish. Think of the rest of us who want to read the excellent write up you would do on the swap. Some people, just "me, me, me..." 😂

Reactions: Wildman and Lax22

@Irun, given where you seem to be heading, I sometimes wonder if you ever regret selling your previous LJ?

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
@Irun, given where you seem to be heading, I sometimes wonder if you ever regret selling your previous LJ?

While I miss the Jeep, it was time to let it go. It was with me during a part of my life where I was going through some rough times and somehow served as a constant reminder of that.

Plus, I've learned a lot about building a Jeep over the years and realized all the mistakes I made with it. Moving on gave me a clean slate all the way around.

While I miss the Jeep, it was time to let it go. It was with me during a part of my life where I was going through some rough times and somehow served as a constant reminder of that.

Plus, I've learned a lot about building a Jeep over the years and realized all the mistakes I made with it. Moving on gave me a clean slate all the way around.

That makes a lot of sense, if something keeps reminding you of bad times then good to move on. I'd be interested on what those mistakes were though.