A list of questions before making a purchase

Thanks for weighing in guys, it is much appreciated. I have decided to go with the 1.75 lift, and stick with the 31" tire size. I am content with that since I don't plan on wheeling my Jeep. I will be placing my order within the next couple days and will post pictures when it has been installed.

You'll be happy you did. Seriously, the more lift you add, the more crap you run into, not even joking. To do a 4" lift the right way, you'll easily spend thousands.

Reactions: Kyle and StG58
You'll be happy you did. Seriously, the more lift you add, the more crap you run into, not even joking. To do a 4" lift the right way, you'll easily spend thousands.
I'm not looking to spend thousands on a lift. When I satrted researching lift kits, I was shocked at how much some of the kits cost.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Yes, I think that TJ's look good on small lifts, mine has a set of H&R spring that lifted it about an inch and a half, and they do really well on the street and on the trail. I also run 31" tires and the difference in appearance is noticeable. I did mine for off road performance reasons and increased capacity. Works great, but then I've got an SE and 4.10 gears.
View attachment 11282
On a side note, those half doors look killer on your TJ @StG58.

Reactions: StG58
If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed at 2.5" of lift and either 31" or 32" tires. I built my TJ for purposes I don't even use it for. I got carried away...
But it looks cool as hell:D

Good choice on the smaller lift @Travis
I'm a big proponent of the "buy once, cry once" rule, but when it comes to upgrades like this, I really think you have to assess what it is you need right now. The great thing about upgrades, is that if you ever want to go bigger or better, there will be someone just getting into jeeps who is exactly where you were when you bought your first lift. And you'll likely be able to sell a lot of the used parts to help offset the cost of the new parts if you ever decide to upgrade.

Thanks for weighing in guys, it is much appreciated. I have decided to go with the 1.75 lift, and stick with the 31" tire size. I am content with that since I don't plan on wheeling my Jeep. I will be placing my order within the next couple days and will post pictures when it has been installed.
yeah please do post pics Travis..I'd be keen to see how she looks.

Reactions: Chris
Since you have to pull springs I would go with the BDS 2" springs and Rancho 5000x shocks. Using spacers on tired springs isn't a great idea. You will have a much better ride and with 1.25" bl you could use a 33 in the future.

X2

If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed at 2.5" of lift and either 31" or 32" tires. I built my TJ for purposes I don't even use it for. I got carried away...

However, it's there now, so I am not going to start all over. I'm simply saying if I had to start from scratch, I wouldn't do the huge lift and big tires. All I do is light trails and moderate stuff. Even a stock TJ with decent tires can do that.
I'm afraid that is what I'm doing right now with my 4" Currie I just bought but I don't want to buy a cheaper 2" and wish it was more.. I don't have a lot of money so I hate the thought for wasting it, so I want to do it right the first time.

Reactions: StG58
I'm afraid that is what I'm doing right now with my 4" Currie I just bought but I don't want to buy a cheaper 2" and wish it was more.. I don't have a lot of money so I hate the thought for wasting it, so I want to do it right the first time.
I'm in a similar situation where money is kinda tight as well. And I have bought products that were "ok" or a compromise on what I really wanted, sometimes for not really all that much saved. Man does it hurt when you end up selling the first thing at a loss and buying what you wanted/needed in the first place.

You will not be disappointed with the 4" Currie lift, I promise you that. I have one and it's absolutely amazing.

However, my thing is that I don't use the lift to it's full potential. What do I need 4" of lift for and 33" tires, when all I am doing is overloading type stuff.

If you plan on using the 4" lift for it's intended use (and it will also look really good too), then you're golden.

However, if you're like me and you just like to do the service road, trails, and a bunch of overloading, the best lift you can get for that sort of stuff is a 2.5" OME lift. That will run 31" or 32" tires fine, and you won't need to drop all the money you would with the larger lift.

Reactions: Kyle and StG58
You will not be disappointed with the 4" Currie lift, I promise you that. I have one and it's absolutely amazing.

However, my thing is that I don't use the lift to it's full potential. What do I need 4" of lift for and 33" tires, when all I am doing is overloading type stuff.

If you plan on using the 4" lift for it's intended use (and it will also look really good too), then you're golden.

However, if you're like me and you just like to do the service road, trails, and a bunch of overloading, the best lift you can get for that sort of stuff is a 2.5" OME lift. That will run 31" or 32" tires fine, and you won't need to drop all the money you would with the larger lift.
Yeah, I'm sure I probably won't use it to its full potential, but that one time I would need it..... Big dreams but the reality is, I probably went overboard. :( Hahaha

Yeah, I'm sure I probably won't use it to its full potential, but that one time I would need it..... Big dreams but the reality is, I probably went overboard. :( Hahaha

Me too! But hey, at least you have the best lift you can get. Saying the Currie lift is badass is truly an understatement.

Reactions: Kyle
Just means you'll have to make some trips to justify the lift...at leasts that's what I'm doing. The glass is half full, after all, you drive a Jeep right?

So after taking everyone's input into consideration, I have decided to for-go the Zone 1.75 inch lift kit. What @Rob5589 said really stikes true, in reference to my tired 16 year old springs. @PStov98TJ made the comment "buy once, cry once", which made me reconsider as well. Quality matters, so I am starting to save up for the OME 2" lift. I know it is pricey, but it seems to be the general consensus best lift kit out there. So I save & wait for the funds. Hopefully I can have this bought and installed by summer. Thanks for all the words of wisdom fellas!

So after taking everyone's input into consideration, I have decided to for-go the Zone 1.75 inch lift kit. What @Rob5589 said really stikes true, in reference to my tired 16 year old springs. @PStov98TJ made the comment "buy once, cry once", which made me reconsider as well. Quality matters, so I am starting to save up for the OME 2" lift. I know it is pricey, but it seems to be the general consensus best lift kit out there. So I save & wait for the funds. Hopefully I can have this bought and installed by summer. Thanks for all the words of wisdom fellas!
Good things come to those who wait. Post up the pics when you get it on.