A little Milwaukee fun

PurpleTJAZ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I had to use up Some reward points at work and they stopped letting us order cash cards. The next best thing to cash is tools. So……

IMG_0014.jpeg

That is a nice reward. I guess the green tools in the background are going to get some rest?

The Ryobi stuff has served me well with the exception of the angle grinder. It kind of sucks. The Milwaukee tools kind of fill some gaps.with a few over laps. M12 sawsall . Mini sander, stubby 3/8 rachet , hex driver and impact because they were so much smaller than my Ryobi tools. Then a full set of sae and metric 1/2” impact sockets and vice grip set because why not.
Also picked up some more 6 ton jack stands so I can put the TJ up without a ton of wood blocks.

The Ryobi stuff has served me well with the exception of the angle grinder. It kind of sucks. The Milwaukee tools kind of fill some gaps.with a few over laps. M12 sawsall . Mini sander, stubby 3/8 rachet , hex driver and impact because they were so much smaller than my Ryobi tools. Then a full set of sae and metric 1/2” impact sockets and vice grip set because why not.
Also picked up some more 6 ton jack stands so I can put the TJ up without a ton of wood blocks.

I am too entrenched ryobi stuff, would love the red stuff just can't justify over a grand in new tools. I do agree on the ryobi angle grinder, fried the 18V and then just bought a corded one.

Reactions: PurpleTJAZ
I really enjoy the M12 extended reach high speed.

I have the extended 3/8 in the Ryobi so go I got the stubby Milwaukee. The only problem with the Ryobi is the size and shape of the battery makes it cumbersome.

I am too entrenched ryobi stuff, would love the red stuff just can't justify over a grand in new tools. I do agree on the ryobi angle grinder, fried the 18V and then just bought a corded one.

I have a half dozen corded angle grinders of assorted brands. Each has a different role, grinder, flap disc , cut off wheel , wire brush, scrub disc on and on. Average price about $40 each. It would cost in excess of $1k to do that with Milwaukee Cordless. So for now I will struggle with the cords.

I have the 1/4” in long and short and a 3/8” short. They were getting used 8 hours a day, wore out a short one in 2 years…

Do you “clutch dump” them (unscrew tight bolts with a running start) ?

I have the 1/4” in long and short and a 3/8” short. They were getting used 8 hours a day, wore out a short one in 2 years…

Took us about 5 years to wear out one of my 3/8". Sent it in last week for repair but I had one from Amazon almost before it left. Non warranty repair costs 138.

That's not a good move. Once you use them a few times, you start looking for ways to replace every locking plier and clamp you have with the Milwaukee version.

That is true. Spent quite a bit of time going through the tool box drawers this weekend. Pulling lesser tools out to make room for new stuff .
"You've been replaced" and "you've been replaced".