A little Milwaukee fun

I find only the corded tools are cost effective to have repaired. The big Hole Hawg or a heavy duty pistol drill but most cordless tools once past warranty are trash. Still. I love my Milwaukee M18 and 12 tools.

My neighbor blew up the transmission in my 2 speed Hole Hawg. I sent it in for repair, they still have it 10 years later because I could buy a new one cheaper.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Weasellee
That's not a good move. Once you use them a few times, you start looking for ways to replace every locking plier and clamp you have with the Milwaukee version.

First time using the new Milwaukee locking pliers and I tacked them to the project….
IMG_0037.jpeg

Are there different battery options within the m12 line or are you referring to stepping up to the m18 stuff?

I was referring to a bigger M12 battery. Based on that pic, that’s at best a CP3.0 battery, probably smaller.

I solely use a 6.0 with my M12 stubby, and it drops 1 bar of battery after just a 4-5 tire rotation.

Reactions: Weasellee
Are there different battery options within the m12 line or are you referring to stepping up to the m18 stuff?
M12 batteries come in different amp/hour ratings from 1.5 to 6.0.
I have several 3.0 batteries and one 5.0.
I prefer the 3.0 because they are smaller and that is why bought the Milwaukee’s. I love the compact size. The 3.0 batteries seem to have the same power but don’t last quite as long.

Don't forget about the new-ish M12 High Output batteries (been out for a year or two.) There's a CP2.5 version and an XC5.0 version. They are similar to the M18 High Output line of batteries - made for tools that draw high current.

Don't forget about the new-ish M12 High Output batteries (been out for a year or two.) There's a CP2.5 version and an XC5.0 version. They are similar to the M18 High Output line of batteries - made for tools that draw high current.

I solely use the HO 2.5 with my M12 ratchet, as it’s the best low profile M12 battery there is.

It would be interesting to see how the HO 5.0 stacks up to the regular 6.0 battery, in say the impact wrench.

This, high output M12’s are the way. Even run them in my Milwaukee heated jacket.

Ok, so I seriously did not know these existed. I am buying one of the hoodies for my wife before we take the Jeep to Ouray Co. in September.

Probably anything <60*

They are very nice. (The jacket, no idea on the hoodie)

Last edited:
I'm so entrenched in the Milwaukee M12/18 system that I will never dig out and I dont want to. I have a very well used power ratchet, recently bought a Fuel version. I have a very well used 1/4 impact driver and recently upgraded that also. My m12 light needs a new switch, worn that out. Woodworking tools also, router, sanders, circular saws. I even got the M18 miter saw even though the Dewalt was a bit cheaper. No knock on Dewalt, used them at work for quite a while but just didnt want to deal with a different platform. The M12 detail sander is the boss.

I wear the vest.For work, a lot. It contains the heat in the chest and back where it’s needed most. Put a jacket of your choice over the top and whammo, warm. Usually don’t use it unless it’s colder than 8-10 degrees nuts also great for motorcycle rides.

Reactions: mrblaine