A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! When money materializes, that’s when. I need 25-30k to make it all happen, and I would prefer to do it all at once if that’s the case.

No lights for me. With the bull bar and lights it’s just too busy. If I didn’t have the bull bar it might be different.
So not really wanting to stick with a mild build lol

You guys are horrible influences lol. I really believed he would have came to his senses this time. If he builds it I’ll for sure be watching tho 😎

I’ve not seen all of what he runs, but so far it seems like the mild build would far exceed needed performance. Though we all build jeeps for different reasons.

Reactions: Tldelaney
You guys are horrible influences lol. I really believed he would have came to his senses this time. If he builds it I’ll for sure be watching tho 😎

How do you know I'm not just feeding the bad influences? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Starrs
Regardless of my Jeep plans, my sanity is long gone. Three crazy ass kids, no school (home school), the gym is closed (meaning I have to work out at home now), and literally no break from the kids EVER.

My wife got on Zoloft for the first time last week to help with her depression and anxiety, which she blames almost entirely on the kids and everything being closed. I don't blame her either!

Fortunately I don't suffer from anything like that, but I do know what she means when she says the kids drive her nuts. Words can't even explain it. From morning until bedtime, it's non fucking stop :LOL:

I'm honestly not even thinking about my Jeep too much lately just because I don't have any damn time to myself. I just got my daughter to go to bed finally at 10:12 PM (as I am writing this), and given the choice of working on the Jeep or going to bed, I'd rather go to bed :ROFLMAO:

Regardless of my Jeep plans, my sanity is long gone. Three crazy ass kids, no school (home school), the gym is closed (meaning I have to work out at home now), and literally no break from the kids EVER.

My wife got on Zoloft for the first time last week to help with her depression and anxiety, which she blames almost entirely on the kids and everything being closed. I don't blame her either!

Fortunately I don't suffer from anything like that, but I do know what she means when she says the kids drive her nuts. Words can't even explain it. From morning until bedtime, it's non fucking stop :LOL:

I'm honestly not even thinking about my Jeep too much lately just because I don't have any damn time to myself. I just got my daughter to go to bed finally at 10:12 PM (as I am writing this), and given the choice of working on the Jeep or going to bed, I'd rather go to bed :ROFLMAO:

I feel all of this, minus the rather going to bed. I’ll often stay up an extra hour or so for that tiny bit of time alone (even with the price in the AM).

I feel all of this, minus the rather going to bed. I’ll often stay up an extra hour or so for that tiny bit of time alone (even with the price in the AM).

Oh yeah, I stay up about an extra hour but I find myself playing guitar, only because it's so fucking hot in the garage I don't feel like sweating my ass off, then having to go shower just to go to bed. Come fall when it cools down, then I'll be much more willing to go in the garage and work on the Jeep.

Still, as you know, this COVID-19 crap is driving a lot of us (especially parents) insane. My eldest was supposed to be in second grade, and our middle child was supposed to be going to preschool. Since none of that is happening now, we're stuck home schooling them, which is a task in and of itself.

Oh yeah, I stay up about an extra hour but I find myself playing guitar, only because it's so fucking hot in the garage I don't feel like sweating my ass off, then having to go shower just to go to bed. Come fall when it cools down, then I'll be much more willing to go in the garage and work on the Jeep.

Still, as you know, this COVID-19 crap is driving a lot of us (especially parents) insane. My eldest was supposed to be in second grade, and our middle child was supposed to be going to preschool. Since none of that is happening now, we're stuck home schooling them, which is a task in and of itself.
I really couldn’t imagine having to go through that. I wouldn’t know where to begin with homeschooling

I'm glad all my boys are grown and out on their own. If I had to homeschool them, I'd need a refresher homeschooling for myself so I didn’t screw their education up. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
I really couldn’t imagine having to go through that. I wouldn’t know where to begin with homeschooling

Believe me, my wife and I don't know either. We just know that we can't let them sit around and get stupid, so we've had to spend a lot of time coming up with our own teaching plans. It's really frustrating, and I imagine other parents feel the same way.

Believe me, my wife and I don't know either. We just know that we can't let them sit around and get stupid, so we've had to spend a lot of time coming up with our own teaching plans. It's really frustrating, and I imagine other parents feel the same way.
My ex wants to hire a tutor for our daughter.

She has a JD and I have a masters and we both have engineering degrees prior. Seems ridiculous to need to hire a tutor.

My ex wants to hire a tutor for our daughter.

She has a JD and I have a masters and we both have engineering degrees prior. Seems ridiculous to need to hire a tutor.

My wife wants to do the same thing.

The issue isn't how smart you or your wife are. The issue is that kids don't generally look at parents as being teachers, so we've found that they don't take us serious like they would if we were a teacher. They have a different relationship with us and know that they can get away with a lot more with us as oppose to someone else.

All of this COVID crap has certainly put a damper on me messing with my Jeep, I'll say that much :LOL:

Now if I didn't have kids, then it would be another story altogether.

Reactions: rasband
My wife wants to do the same thing.

The issue isn't how smart you or your wife are. The issue is that kids don't generally look at parents as being teachers, so we've found that they don't take us serious like they would if we were a teacher. They have a different relationship with us and know that they can get away with a lot more with us as oppose to someone else.

All of this COVID crap has certainly put a damper on me messing with my Jeep, I'll say that much :LOL:

Now if I didn't have kids, then it would be another story altogether.
I don’t tolerate shit behavior. I can easily teach my daughter what she needs to know. Probably can teach her more in 1/2 to 1 hour than she’d learn all day at school plus how to change fluids in the Jeep.

I probably have 10x my Jeeps worth in mods, so don't let that number stop you!

Homeschooling does sound pretty rough. I wouldn't even try to start with that. But I also don't understand how they expect to teach 2nd graders over zoom. The teacher's union in Chicago have had constant protests to start the school year online. How people who work with kids every single day think that having school online is best for them boggles my mind.

I probably have 10x my Jeeps worth in mods, so don't let that number stop you!

Homeschooling does sound pretty rough. I wouldn't even try to start with that. But I also don't understand how they expect to teach 2nd graders over zoom. The teacher's union in Chicago have had constant protests to start the school year online. How people who work with kids every single day think that having school online is best for them boggles my mind.
I think the social aspect is the benefit of school at the younger ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.