A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prehaps a small lightbar like @jjvw.

Did he mount it to the bull bar?

Admittedly I just feel like re-purposing the factory fog light circuit / wiring with some sort of LED lighting. Of course something with a minimal footprint would be nice.

Yep, I agree, that's why I'm taking them off. It ruins the look for me on such a small bumper.

I think part of it though is the Savvy light mounts move the lights up to a higher position, which make them look a bit off being so tall. I may just forego lights completely, it's not like I need them. The KC LED headlights are bright enough as is.

I just drilled through the bumper to mount mine. You could sneak some small lights next to the winch under the hoop. Bars on the Savvy bumper are a little harder, because the fairlead mount does not mount evenly between the hooks. The winch guard would be the only place to mount on your bumper. I wanted to put two light bars on mine, but they would only fit on the passenger side.

I just drilled through the bumper to mount mine. You could sneak some small lights next to the winch under the hoop. Bars on the Savvy bumper are a little harder, because the fairlead mount does not mount evenly between the hooks. The winch guard would be the only place to mount on your bumper. I wanted to put two light bars on mine, but they would only fit on the passenger side.

I suppose you could mount something under the bumper on the bottom side, but there goes that as soon as you hit something. I'll explore the little round lights that @zebra12 linked to above.

Like I said, I am just tempted to re-purpose the factory fog light circuit :LOL:

Reactions: zebra12
Yep, something like this would do the trick. Square cubes do a look a bit off to me, especially on the front end. A small circular LED light like this might be nice and subtle.

Since they are cheap and sold via Prime, I'll likely order a set just to see what they look like. Worst comes to worse, returning them would be easy.

I was in a similar spot. Didn't like the square cubes, so I bought a set of these to experiment with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GC60QSG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I also picked up this set of brackets to mount them on the bar. The brackets turned out to be a great choice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FETT3FO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I suppose you could mount something under the bumper on the bottom side, but there goes that as soon as you hit something. I'll explore the little round lights that @zebra12 linked to above.

Like I said, I am just tempted to re-purpose the factory fog light circuit :LOL:

I used my factory fog circuit. Works fine for low power lights. You should be fine for most small aftermarket ones you can find.

Reactions: Chris
Smaller, round lights would look better. Maybe mounted on the hoop wouldn't distract from the look as much?
I run a minimalist bumper and mounted mine here,
20200724_083653.jpg

I used my factory fog circuit. Works fine for low power lights. You should be fine for most small aftermarket ones you can find.

Yep, even these KC Daylighters are only 20W (since they are LED) which is fine on the foglight factory circuit.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Has to be some of the worst lights I’ve seen lol. I’ve never understood this look. I’d delete it from your build thread haha

I've seen them on some setups and they look pretty good, but I think it involves a full width bumper, or one that is much larger.

Either way, I posted them for sale, so hopefully someone wants some expensive ass lights for a good price :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Starrs
Smaller round ones would look better than the cubes.

I bought 2 of the Harbor Freight 3 inch cubes to test out on my A pillar to see if I liked them. I do like them, but the square looks kind off to me though. They were cheap enough with the 20% off coupon (about $22 each) that it’s not a big loss. I think I like them well enough that I’m going to get some round ones around the 4-5 inch size range. I’ll probably give these to my son if he wants them.

The only thing I find lacking with the Savvy bumper is the lack of recovery points. The hooks make it difficult to mount my bumper bling and lights that will be of absolutely no use off-road :(

I've seen them on some setups and they look pretty good, but I think it involves a full width bumper, or one that is much larger.

Either way, I posted them for sale, so hopefully someone wants some expensive ass lights for a good price :LOL:
Did you try contacting KC? They have pretty good customer service. Might be able to return/exchange em?

I don’t have the original box, but I suppose I could try!

This doesn’t help today, but I’ve done this same thing enough times to start keeping the boxes for a short period after I open/install. I usually wait a trash cycle (which gives me anywhere from 7-14 days, depending on when I unbox).

This doesn’t help today, but I’ve done this same thing enough times to start keeping the boxes for a short period after I open/install. I usually wait a trash cycle (which gives me anywhere from 7-14 days, depending on when I unbox).

In all honesty, usually I save the boxes as well 🤣

This was the one time it slipped my mind.

I saw your smiley lights sold, did you settle on replacements yet?

Where do we stand on this build? When will we see photos of the 5" lift, 35's, and 4.88? ;)

View attachment 181400

Haha! When money materializes, that’s when. I need 25-30k to make it all happen, and I would prefer to do it all at once if that’s the case.

I saw your smiley lights sold, did you settle on replacements yet?

No lights for me. With the bull bar and lights it’s just too busy. If I didn’t have the bull bar it might be different.

In other news though I got the rear bumper powder coated so I have to pick it up and install it. Also, I’m starting to install the stereo bit by bit.

It’s not helping that we have to home school our kids since schools are closed and I’m having to workout at home since the gyms are closed. My free time is non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.