A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

What kind of bushings are in those CA's? Also, do you plan a TT? If so, aren't you going to need adjustable CA's? 4" of lift on 31's? Ehh?

Not sure on the bushings, but they do have grease fittings, so they can't be poly.

The downside is that these control arms aren't adjustable, they are a set length. I do plan on the tummy tuck, yes. Technically my tires right now are 31.7", so closer to 32", but yes, it might look a little odd. Though as it sits right now, it doesn't actually look that bad. I'll snap some photos once I put this bumper on and the damn rain lets up! Not enough room in my garage with the other car next to it to get a good photo.

I just went and looked. They are factory actually.

I can get a new set of factory control arms for a reasonable price too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MPVWEBY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

So then I'd need those, plus about $340 for the OME springs, and then about $350 for the shocks. I can get buy with the stock track bars for now of course.

Or, you could replace those fixed lowers with Metal Cloak arms and leave the uppers alone for now. That way, when its TT time, all you'll need is some adjustable uppers. Sell your old springs and lower to re-coop some coin.

Or, you could replace those fixed lowers with Metal Cloak arms and leave the uppers alone for now. That way, when its TT time, all you'll need is some adjustable uppers. Sell your old springs and lower to re-coop some coin.

Good point! I didn't think about that. So many possibilities here!

No, I never wanted 35” tires, even on my old TJ. I pondered it, but it simply wasn’t worth it for a vehicle that is mostly driven on-road.

Now on an LJ, 35” tires seem like a requirement.

Will at Metal Cloak is pretty knowledgeable as well. I've talked to him quite a bit. Even took a bite of their silly advertising BS candy and flexed er out on their dumb trailer at their MC days at Prairie City.
7.jpg

I intend on it!

Yep, I agree. That's why I keep gravitating back towards the 2" lift and .5" body lift. I'm trying to avoid the traps I fell into last time... You know, with thinking I need something I really don't.

Well, you need adjustable CA's for the TT. You need the 0.5" BL for the TT. You need springs to get you out of the nose bleed section(who knows what kind of shape your currents springs are in), and with the lower lift you won't look goofy. Also, with the lower lift you can just keep the stock TB's. Sounds pretty cut-n-dry to me.

Well, you need adjustable CA's for the TT. You need the 0.5" BL for the TT. You need springs to get you out of the nose bleed section(who knows what kind of shape your currents springs are in), and with the lower lift you won't look goofy. Also, with the lower lift you can just keep the stock TB's. Sounds pretty cut-n-dry to me.

Yes, you're right about that. And with the OME lift and the 1/2" body lift, I'll be at around 3", which is still plenty of height.

I think I'm going to go that route. I don't want to get sucked into the "bigger is better" rabbit hole again. I simply don't do any rock crawling (hell, there isn't really any rock crawling to do up here in Oregon, at least not like down in California and Utah). For me it's forest service roads, trails, and mud.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I still feel like my 2.5” OME and 1.25” BL is kinda high. I wish I would have done the 2.5” SL and some spacers front and rear and skipped the BL. I have no desire to do a TT so BL was kind of pointless for me maybe? Not sure, but I’m not a fan of the body lift gap. Might have it removed down the road.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I still feel like my 2.5” OME and 1.25” BL is kinda high. I wish I would have done the 2.5” SL and some spacers front and rear and skipped the BL. I have no desire to do a TT so BL was kind of pointless for me maybe? Not sure, but I’m not a fan of the body lift gap. Might have it removed down the road.

That’s why I am going to do the 1/2” body lift. Barely any gap that way!