A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

10.5” or 11” can’t remember the width exactly. I’m thinking they are 11” tho

That's right, you have 16" wheels, so metric size tires. My guess is you're running 285/75/16's, which is roughly 11" wide tire. You have Rubi flares, so with them being 1" wider, you might clear. I run a 33x1050x15 tire with Rubi flares, and when stuffed on 1" bumps mine barely clears.
20180120_142257.jpg

This is worst case scenario however, at full bump with the jounce bumpers removed.

Reactions: MarvinL and Chris
That's right, you have 16" wheels, so metric size tires. My guess is you're running 285/75/16's, which is roughly 11" wide tire. You have Rubi flares, so with them being 1" wider, you might clear. I run a 33x1050x15 tire with Rubi flares, and when stuffed on 1" bumps mine barely clears.
View attachment 30112
This is worst case scenario however, at full bump with the jounce bumpers removed.
I really don’t foresee that scenario happening on my adventures haha. I’m gonna ask the shop that installed it what they think as well. So are the 2” bumpstops a for sure will work? I keep reading 2.5” with 2” bump stops is ok for 33s. And yes my tires are 285/75/16

I really don’t foresee that scenario happening on my adventures haha. I’m gonna ask the shop that installed it what they think as well. So are the 2” bumpstops a for sure will work? I keep reading 2.5” with 2” bump stops is ok for 33s. And yes my tires are 285/75/16

I can't give you a "for sure" cause too many variables between our jeeps, but I'm not willing to add any more bumpstop, so you be the judge.

Reactions: Starrs
I can't give you a "for sure" cause too many variables between our jeeps, but I'm not willing to add any more bumpstop, so you be the judge.
Gotcha. Yea I’ll see what they say when they look at it. I’m just not a fan of the body lift and I wasn’t since day 1. There’s a way I can eliminate, I just have to figure it out haha. I want flush! No butt crack lol

Reactions: bobthetj03
Gotcha. Yea I’ll see what they say when they look at it. I’m just not a fan of the body lift and I wasn’t since day 1. There’s a way I can eliminate, I just have to figure it out haha. I want flush! No butt crack lol

It's all just a compromise. You'll get it sorted out. Guess we've derailed @Chris 's build thread enough for now, lol!

Reactions: Chris and Starrs
Somebody somewhat local to me is selling a barely used hard top (rally top brand). Looks pretty good but it’s pricey. I told myself no hardtop but the more I see them the more I want one when one becomes available.

Somebody somewhat local to me is selling a barely used hard top (rally top brand). Looks pretty good but it’s pricey. I told myself no hardtop but the more I see them the more I want one when one becomes available.

They are really nice to have in the winter months. The added security is nice too.

True, I could do a 1" body lift and then tuck it almost completely flat. I just hate that fuggin' gap the body lift leaves.

Reactions: Starrs