A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

@jjvw, Dave confirmed for me it is a 3-link front. So the major difference is the rear being that it has a track bar.
Interesting. Without knowing the details, I would expect the front and rear track bars to raise the roll centers. Also, a 5 link rear (4 control arms and a track bar) will have some inherent bind in it's movement. All of this would contribute to a prevention of body roll either by design or by intended compromise.

Reactions: Chris
@Chris I'm very curious to see what mid-arm setup Dave will put in your Jeep. Interesting to hear his thoughts on the Savvy setup, guess he has good reasons to be suggesting what he's suggesting.

@Chris I'm very curious to see what mid-arm setup Dave will put in your Jeep. Interesting to hear his thoughts on the Savvy setup, guess he has good reasons to be suggesting what he's suggesting.

We talked about it in depth tonight. He's going to install his own custom mid-arm he builds. It's a 4-link rear (though technically I guess it's 5-links since he includes a track bar), 3-link front, and the rear shocks are outboarded with Bilstein 5125 shocks with 14" travel.

It's going to cost $4000 total, but I can offset some of the cost since @tomtaylz will be buying my Savvy arms (haha, even Dave wanted to buy them!), plus I can sell the Rancho shocks and the JKS track bars I have on it.

We talked about it in depth tonight. He's going to install his own custom mid-arm he builds. It's a 4-link rear (though technically I guess it's 5-links since he includes a track bar), 3-link front, and the rear shocks are outboarded with Bilstein 5125 shocks with 14" travel.

It's going to cost $4000 total, but I can offset some of the cost since @tomtaylz will be buying my Savvy arms (haha, even Dave wanted to buy them!), plus I can sell the Rancho shocks and the JKS track bars I have on it.

I might be interested in the front trackbar, also. :)

I might be interested in the front trackbar, also. :)

I'll let you know. He said he doesn't think he can use it (he'll have to check for sure) since he's going to be putting a truss on the front and other things that might get in the way. The track bar is basically brand new as well!

I'm going to drop the Jeep off at his place at the end of this month, so that's when I'll know for sure.

Reactions: tomtaylz
With 14"of rear travel, what is being done to keep the rear Rubicon short drive shaft out of bind? My 12" Foxes are positioned very close the top and bottom limits of bind. If mine were to have another 2" of travel there would need to be a center limiting strap over the diff to limit full droop, but still allow for flex.

With 14"of rear travel, what is being done to keep the rear Rubicon short drive shaft out of bind? My 12" Foxes are positioned very close the top and bottom limits of bind. If mine were to have another 2" of travel there would need to be a center limiting strap over the diff to limit full droop, but still allow for flex.

I misspoke, it's 12" of rear travel. I just re-read what he said, and it is indeed 12" of rear travel with the Bilstein 5125s.

Reactions: jjvw
I've not been in this thread for a while...did you get the Rubicrawler delivered to your place yet?

Yes, it’s sitting in my bedroom. Still contemplating if I’m going to install this thing myself.

Rear JKS Trackbar will be up for sale?

I don't think my wife would allow Jeep parts in the bedroom, lol.

Haha, my wife keeps asking "What is in this huge box and why is it in our bedroom?".

Rear JKS Trackbar will be up for sale?

It should be. I was asking Dave about it and he doesn't think the track bars will be reused, as he has his own track bars that go with the lift from what I gather.

Reactions: derekmac
You definately should have bought that LJR AEV hemi conversion with the money you’re putting into your tj lol. You could have paid it off by now haha

If I would have had the money or been able to get approved for that much, I sure as hell would have! Loved that thing!