A Unicorn 2005 LJR

ricky bobby

The story goes like this...Always wanted a Jeep and in 2013 I bought a YJ. I found a great group of people who taught me pretty much everything I know about wheeling, basic maintenance, and helped me modify it. Then I had to move and unfortunately the YJ had to be sold. Like an addiction I thought I could give up the Jeep life unfortunately a year ago I started searching the interweb because I missed it too much. I knew if I was going to do it again it would be done right, done once, and with quality parts. I found a Jeep in Houston, TX with a price that was too good to not bite on. So a year ago I flew out to Houston, work for the airlines, and purchased a 2005 LJR Automatic with only 60k. Since I've purchased it I've done the following:
GenRight Stinger Bumper
Dirtworx Rear Bumper
Daystar 1" Body Lift
JKS 1" Motor Mount
Undercover Fab Aluminum 3/8 Original Clearance Skid Plate
Undercover Fab Aluminum Engine Skid
Savvy Gas Tank Skid
Savvy 4" Lift
Savvy Rocksliders
Currie Antirock
Fox Shocks
Poison Spyder Hood Louver
Trucklite LED Headlight
GenRight LED Tail Lights
Metalcloak Overline Front Fenders
35x12.5x15 BFG KM2
ProComp Alloy Wheels 15x8
Spod
Generic Rock Lights
Cheap LED Light Bar
Derale Transmission Cooler Direct Fit
Here is a picture to show the comparison from when I purchased it to today:
v8dGRvL.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE a good looking LJ, especially when it's a Rubicon!

Much like you, I thought I could leave the Jeep life behind when I sold my old XJ. I was wrong... I can't figure it out but after I sold the XJ I owned an M3, an M5 and so many other cool cars / motorcycles you wouldn't believe. However, I was NEVER satisfied and found some odd yearning to own another Jeep (hence the Wrangler). I don't know what it is about a Jeep, but I like them ore than any other vehicle out there.

What's next on your list?

1st re-gear 2nd aftermarket cage 3rd probably Savvy corner armor. Currently I'm running a mastercraft baja rs seat I would like to eventually replace that with something a littler wider looking at Prp seats. Other than that fixing stuff when I break it.

Reactions: Chris
It looks pretty well setup as it is. Looks like it needs some sort of rear fender arches. Looks naked without them.

Reactions: brown_mule
The story goes like this...Always wanted a Jeep and in 2013 I bought a YJ. I found a great group of people who taught me pretty much everything I know about wheeling, basic maintenance, and helped me modify it. Then I had to move and unfortunately the YJ had to be sold. Like an addiction I thought I could give up the Jeep life unfortunately a year ago I started searching the interweb because I missed it too much. I knew if I was going to do it again it would be done right, done once, and with quality parts. I found a Jeep in Houston, TX with a price that was too good to not bite on. So a year ago I flew out to Houston, work for the airlines, and purchased a 2005 LJR Automatic with only 60k. Since I've purchased it I've done the following:
GenRight Stinger Bumper
Dirtworx Rear Bumper
Daystar 1" Body Lift
JKS 1" Motor Mount
Undercover Fab Aluminum 3/8 Original Clearance Skid Plate
Undercover Fab Aluminum Engine Skid
Savvy Gas Tank Skid
Savvy 4" Lift
Savvy Rocksliders
Currie Antirock
Fox Shocks
Poison Spyder Hood Louver
Trucklite LED Headlight
GenRight LED Tail Lights
Metalcloak Overline Front Fenders
35x12.5x15 BFG KM2
ProComp Alloy Wheels 15x8
Spod
Generic Rock Lights
Cheap LED Light Bar
Derale Transmission Cooler Direct Fit
Here is a picture to show the comparison from when I purchased it to today:
View attachment 1905
Love the build! I'd have to correct you though. You said "unfortunately a year ago..." I think you mean fortunately! We are working on doing a mild build on our 06 LJ. I'm about to install the 1 inch daystar lift and 1 inch daystar mml. Any advice or tips? I don't think I'll spend the big bucks on the aluminum skid plates but I don't think I've heard of undercover until this thread. I've been looking at the Rokmen skid plates for engine, transmission, and gas tank. Would you say I should reconsider? I personally don't know a lot of people who have done a belly up skid so I'm curious to hear some real reviews about it. Thanks in advance and great build!

Reactions: Chris