WTB: LJ Aluminum armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05ImpactLJR

Supporting Member
I'm building my 2005 LJR. I'm after aluminum armor and bumpers. I have rust issues in my area. I'm trying to get savvy stuff. I have genright aluminum fenders and their heat vent for the hood. The jeep has a 1" BL + MML. It is stock otherwise

Is there a vendor that can help? I'm trying to reach Savvy, but have little to no success.

If you do a search on Savvy here you will quickly find out they don't respond well to calls or emails and run extremely long wait times. If you really want Savvy it is best to place the order and expect a lengthy wait. Despite their poor communication I have never heard of them not filling an order. Earlier this year they had some LJ sliders available on the website but sold out within a couple days. Some posted on here that they were on the email wait list but never received any communication. I have no knowledge of their business but suspect they sell out of many items before they are able to get the batch manufactured. Unfortunately they may also be more focused on producing items for the JK/JL models as those items seem to be in stock more often. Add in supply chain issues and it sucks to try and get quality parts for our aging Jeeps. If rust is your only concern than aluminum is not exclusively the answer. It, obviously, doesn't rust but does corrode. Both steel and aluminum need to be properly prepared and protected.

I appreciate the response. I can't even get to where I can place an order and wait with Savvy. The website just says out of stock and email me when available. I can't even back order them. I am aware of the communication issues discussed on the forums. Quality and custom products often require patience. I want the aluminum for weight savings and I want to leave the panels bare and only scuff and clean as required.

I appreciate the response. I can't even get to where I can place an order and wait with Savvy. The website just says out of stock and email me when available. I can't even back order them. I am aware of the communication issues discussed on the forums. Quality and custom products often require patience. I want the aluminum for weight savings and I want to leave the panels bare and only scuff and clean as required.

I think the only ones they're really selling anymore are the uncut blanks (no wheel arches cut out). In the 14 months since I started my build, I think those have always been available to order, and the others have never been available to order. Unfortunately, their tub rub rails have never been available to order in those same 14 months. I believe there were some posts by Mr. Blaine and others that the guy that made them had some health issues and was on and off about being able to produce them.

Since you already have Genright fenders, what’s wrong with getting Genright armor?

I like the savvy rockers and bumper design better. There's nothing wrong with the genright stuff I have. I just didn't want to blindly throw one company's catalog at my jeep. I have looked around and feel like these parts fit my build direction better.

Reactions: Irun
I snagged a savvy front bumper this evening as they somehow had one in the site. I'm still in search of the other stuff.

There are 2 things against it. The first is he really wanted local. The second is it's already painted black and has some damage. I would rather wait and spend the little extra for a new one given those factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.