A word from Bosch

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I got a call this morning from Bosch to inform me about the 67655 fuel pump assembly for 19 gal gas tank.

" We are sorry to inform you that the pump 67655 fuel pump has been obsoleted by Bosch and is no longer available, you may check on line to see if anyone has old stock on them. So to recap the 67655 it has been cataloged as obsolete without replacement and is no longer offered to Bosch."

That's fun, unfortunately it is probably going to start happening more and more in the next few years which is going to make upkeep more interesting especially how picky the TJ's are on some specific parts.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I think I'll at least pick up a spare Bosch fuel pump module or two. The actual fuel pump itself, not the entire assembly.

If you find them anywhere let me know I wouldny mind having a spare.
The small fuel pump itself is still available so far as I know. I'm talking about the small cylindrical fuel pump itself. The 67655 mentioned above as discontinued is the entire assembly including the housing, gas gauge sender, fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator

Soon we will be at the mercy of the Chinese... like crap quality Autozone Duralast parts.

If it gets to that point, a V8 swap is inevitable.

Ugh... I hope we don't have to start buying up and hoarding parts.

"... and is no longer offered to Bosch."

Does this imply it IS offered to someone else, just not Bosch?
And if so, is it known, or could we find out who provided the assembly to Bosch ?
I'm not yet schooled on how parts businesses work
:-/