botanichemist

I'm a bit stumped. I replaced my AC compressor about a year ago after the original one failed, as well as my AC/refrigerant hoses, and I'm just now getting around to making a post about the issue I've run int...😅

my problem is that the hoses are not fitting flush into the AC compressor.

I replaced the compressor with an AC Delco model and got the hoses from Autozone. The new hoses appear to be nearly identical to the old OEM ones besides internal diameter, but neither the old or new hoses fit flush into the compressor(you can see a ~1/16" gap in the photos where the hose is bolted to the compressor).

I thought torquing down the bolt that attaches the hose to the compressor would be sufficient to prevent leaks, but it does not seem to be enough pressure.

Is it possible that I have an odd half year model of AC system where I need to order different AC parts than normal?? Or is there a way to mod what I currently have with gaskets or something else?

2006 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0

compare.jpg

compare2.jpg

compareset.jpg

compareset2.jpg

gap.JPG

gap2.JPG

Do you still have your old compressor? You could try bolting the new lines into the old compressor. The try bolting the old lines to the new compressor.

See which part is actually causing you the problem.

Do you still have your old compressor? You could try bolting the new lines into the old compressor. The try bolting the old lines to the new compressor.

See which part is actually causing you the problem.
I should have mentioned that, but I do not have the old compressor. :/

Are you using enough oil on the o-rings? Could be wrong o-ring also. They look to be keeping it from seating.
These o-rings were included with the hoses. I believe that I lubed them enough, it seems as if the compressor manifold port is too shallow for these hoses...

guess my next step to absolutely determine if they don’t fit is to use a caliper to measure the ports and hose fittings.