Adjustable Track Bar Movement

Breto31

TJ Enthusiast
I got a Steinjager adjustable track bar for my 2005 a couple months ago. While my handling is vastly improved, I noticed that there’s “hitch” in the bar (at the connection point) when I turn my wheels from right to left…. the video is from under the driver side while I moved the wheels. It’s not the best, but it’s as good as I can do without a second set of hands!

I contacted Steinjager when I first started noticing it (right after I put it one), and their engineering dept said to make sure the jam nuts were tight. I tightened it all up, and didn’t notice it shortly after, but it’s still doing it.

Anybody seen this or have any ideas? I emailed Steinjager this evening, so I’m waiting on a reply from them.

1B911ED4-07FA-457A-B7B6-EB3C05CF25F7.jpeg

8821C427-EF56-4DD2-B959-C487E16A48E4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2632.MOV
    28.5 MB
I couldn’t move it any after tightening, but I’ll check it again. It’s entirely possible that I don’t understand how jam nuts work.

So I loosened everything, retightened the jam nuts (making sure the lower one was all the way flush), and it seems to be corrected. I’ll drive it for a while and re-assess. Thanks, everyone!

Fwiw, I contacted Steinjager again about the issue, and they offered to send me a new bar for free. Their customer service has been great to work with.

It also appears you have the misalignment shim for the trackbar in the wrong spot, it should be under the trackbar mount between the mount and the joint, not under the nut as it appears to be. Could be wrong but it doesn't look correct.

It also appears you have the misalignment shim for the trackbar in the wrong spot, it should be under the trackbar mount between the mount and the joint, not under the nut as it appears to be. Could be wrong but it doesn't look correct.
You’re right. Thanks! This is now fixed.