Adjustable track bar question

JDP03TJ

How much does a rough country 1.5 INCH coil spacer lift with shocks move the axle?
Do I need an adjustable track bar? FRONT? REAR?
OFF ROAD SHOP SAYS NO???? OTHERS SAY YES FOR PROPER ALIGNMENT
Will it cause strain on the drivetrain
Thx

You don't really need an adjustable track bar for just a 1.5" lift. The axles won't be perfectly centered with any change in the suspension lift height but that's no big deal with only 1.5" of suspension lift. I personally wouldn't pay for adjustable track bars until I got to a significantly taller suspension lift height. And to be sure, the axles move left/right on their own as the Jeep moves over bumps/dips so it's not like the axles stay centered all the time anyway. You'd still be able to align (properly adjust the toe-in) it without adjustable length track bars.

Personally I ran a 2" suspension lift 20 years ago with no problems with the stock track bars.

My Jeep spent almost 10yrs on a 2” spacer lift with factory track bars. No extra stress than there was from the factory.

You don't really need an adjustable track bar for just a 1.5" lift. The axles won't be perfectly centered with any change in the suspension lift height but that's no big deal with only 1.5" of suspension lift. I personally wouldn't pay for adjustable track bars until I got to a significantly taller suspension lift height. And to be sure, the axles move left/right on their own as the Jeep moves over bumps/dips so it's not like the axles stay centered all the time anyway. You'd still be able to align (properly adjust the toe-in) it without adjustable length track bars.

Personally I ran a 2" suspension lift 20 years ago with no problems with the stock track bars.

Thank you for the information

It should shift the axle around 1/2". You can see how much after you drive a bit after the lift. The front antisway bar will slide over with it. Just measure the shiny new looking bar at the frame mounts. It will be easy to see.
No need to get an adjustable bar for that tiny amount.

It should shift the axle around 1/2". You can see how much after you drive a bit after the lift. The front antisway bar will slide over with it. Just measure the shiny new looking bar at the frame mounts. It will be easy to see.
No need to get an adjustable bar for that tiny amount.