Advice: Airpods case stolen

erokj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking for some advice. I was working out at the gym last night when someone took my airpods case out of my bag. I typically leave them in the same place whenever I workout and I notice the zipper opened after my workout and they were gone.

I can track the case using Find My through Apple and see exactly where it is. Right now this individual is clearly at work.

Question is - how would you handle this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Airport.

Last night I was watching it move around my town and they live approximately 10 mins from me.
It’s actually good that he’s at the airport. You can rope in airport security and/or TSA as a “see something say something” thing. Or they usually have their own assigned LEOs that might address it right then as opposed to local PD. The tracking is not super precise so they might need to go through peoples’ bags to find your case. You want someone else doing that.

It’s actually good that he’s at the airport. You can rope in airport security and/or TSA as a “see something say something” thing. Or they usually have their own assigned LEOs that might address it right then as opposed to local PD. The tracking is not super precise so they might need to go through peoples’ bags to find your case. You want someone else doing that.

Yep, worth a shot, good chance nobody will care.

You may have to buy new ones and keep your stuff locked up in the future.

Although if you get it back you should still keep your stuff locked up, there are thieves out there.

Hmmm a little purposeful stalking, get a their name a potential employer. Meet them at the gym and let John/Jane know you have their name, it will likely affect their security clearance and to return such item along with a gift card for a full automotive detail would insure that they have a job tomorrow. something like that. interested to hear what this motley crew comes up with, I would be ticked, annoyed and looking to do some bad karma.

Yep, worth a shot or else you give up and buy new ones and keep your shit locked up in the future. Although if you get it back you should still keep your stuff locked up, there are thieves out there.

I can't win. I lock my bag in the locker room and people break the locks open. I carry my bag with me the entire time I workout and the minute I turn away someone steals my case :mad:

interested to hear what this motley crew comes up with,

Follow him to the parking lot

a0vsKr.gif

My sister had hers stolen too and found out the exact apartment where the guy lived. She changed the air pod names to "I know where you live, clown". Got the authorities involved, but before they got there the guy snuck out of the apartment and pawned them off. She got them back from the pawn shop after she was able to prove she owned them and had the LEO at her side.

My advice, get authorities involved or gym owner or work place employees and ping/find them via your phone when you confront him.

As fun as it is to think about revenge, the best option is a non-confrontational encounter. Having law enforcement broker it is best. And you can always give the thief a peaceful way out of the situation by treating it as if you think he took your case instead of his by accident and “Find My” led you to him.
If he’s at all smart he’ll take that option and surrender it. If he digs in then law enforcement can take it from there

Reactions: JeepZilla380
As fun as it is to think about revenge, the best option is a non-confrontational encounter. Having law enforcement broker it is best. And you can always give the thief a peaceful way out of the situation by treating it as if you think he took your case instead of his by accident and “Find My” led you to him.
If he’s at all smart he’ll take that option and surrender it. If he digs in then law enforcement can take it from there

1694615934055.png

Well I got them back.

I drove to his work. He worked at the maintenance department for fleet vehicles. I asked the supervisor if I could walk around the cars, after about 10 mins of walking around and using the Find My app I located it in his car right on the front floor boards. Checked the handle, open, grabbed it and started walking out. On the way out, the supervisor asked how I got them and I told him I opened to door to get it.. well that was the wrong thing to do. Cops were called, I had to give a statement, was interviewed, blah blah blah.

In the end, I got my property back.

Well I got them back.

I drove to his work. He worked at the maintenance department for fleet vehicles. I asked the supervisor if I could walk around the cars, after about 10 mins of walking around and using the Find My app I located it in his car right on the front floor boards. Checked the handle, open, grabbed it and started walking out. On the way out, the supervisor asked how I got them and I told him I opened to door to get it.. well that was the wrong thing to do. Cops were called, I had to give a statement, was interviewed, blah blah blah.

In the end, I got my property back.

LOL, didn't expect you to steal them back. Good job.