Advice on bumper hunting

Rubirob

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys, I am trying to get the infamous mopar rock crawler bumper set. I already have the rear one, but can’t find a front one anywhere. I am asking for advice on where to search for this rare part. I have emailed about 5-6 4X4 parts sites and tried buying from 3 of them and none of them have it in stock (obviously, for it is discontinued) I think I even got some Of them to change there listing of the part. I’m assuming at this point it’s a wait and watch game to find a used one (hopefully decent condition) but I am only checking eBay really. Anyone have other sites that might have this on it? I know there are loads of bumpers for our jeeps, but because these are rare and I have the rear one already I want it even more! Haha thanks guys!
42ef61743baa56fcb05bb56dbb33fe92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Starrs
Hey guys, I am trying to get the infamous mopar rock crawler bumper set. I already have the rear one, but can’t find a front one anywhere. I am asking for advice on where to search for this rare part. I have emailed about 5-6 4X4 parts sites and tried buying from 3 of them and none of them have it in stock (obviously, for it is discontinued) I think I even got some Of them to change there listing of the part. I’m assuming at this point it’s a wait and watch game to find a used one (hopefully decent condition) but I am only checking eBay really. Anyone have other sites that might have this on it? I know there are loads of bumpers for our jeeps, but because these are rare and I have the rear one already I want it even more! Haha thanks guys! View attachment 43288

Ahhh so it was out of stock. Hate when they do that. Craigslist will now be your best friend. Search daily and often. Expand your search all over and one will pop up eventually. They are out there, but hard to find.

Reactions: cjaama and Rubirob
Ahhh so it was out of stock. Hate when they do that. Craigslist will now be your best friend. Search daily and often. Expand your search all over and one will pop up eventually. They are out there, but hard to find.

Yea they were out of stock, and so was a couple other sites that claimed to have them in stock! Lame!! Haha I will check Craigslist, and I guess offer/let go. Anyone know when these got discontinued? Just curious

Try Craigslist (all over), post a WTB ad in the Wanted section of the forum, and look for used TJs for sale where the owner might be convinced to part with the bumper for some money plus your bumper in exchange.

It might take a while, but I promise you'll find one eventually.

Also, do a search on eBay for one and save the search term. Then opt for phone notifications when a new listing matches your result. That works every time for me!

Reactions: Rubirob
Try Craigslist (all over), post a WTB ad in the Wanted section of the forum, and look for used TJs for sale where the owner might be convinced to part with the bumper for some money plus your bumper in exchange.

It might take a while, but I promise you'll find one eventually.

Also, do a search on eBay for one and save the search term. Then opt for phone notifications when a new listing matches your result. That works every time for me!

I will keep checking all of those, I already got the rear bumper and that one seems to be more rare (maybe because of getting rear ended and totaling the bumper idk) so if given enough time I should fine the front one haha.. after freebo86 of course haha [emoji38]

Reactions: freebo86 and Chris
The ARB one is another nice looking bumper. What is the actual name of the ARB one I am assuming were talking about that pretty big one?

I am starting to look at the Bestop 4x4 Highrock with hoop and winch plate. Getting sick of looking for one of these Mopar ones lol. And there isn't much out there that appeals to me.

Did you find your mopar one used? Or did you get it back when there was still stock of the new ones?

Pretty sure he got his brand new paid around $7 hundo for it.. Had discussion with Stars about sourcing one of these for myself hence why i know

Very actively for a few months now. On and off for prob close to a year if not more..

I guess perseverance will pay off, I don’t have a winch yet. Once I get one and the time to do some more off roading my patience will become less. Until then I will just keep looking. I agree with you that most other options for aftermarket bumpers are boring and kinda dull. There is no uniqueness about them, just a bunch of square blocky bumpers with d rings and a spot for your winch.. I mean there is nothing wrong with them, but I feel because they are so “dime a dozen” I will wait until I can’t wait anymore haha.

Did you find your mopar one used? Or did you get it back when there was still stock of the new ones?

Got my front and rear both used from different guys. I sourced my front off of eBay was new old stock, and my rear was off of AEV Forums. PO had it repowdercoated, and both were in mint condition when they arrived at my doorstep. Would I do it again...absolutely lol, but the ARB bumpers are a close second for me. I was close to giving up and almost ordered the ARB rear, hit I found this rock crawler rear and would have paid 800 for it if the guy wanted it lol.

Got my front and rear both used from different guys. I sourced my front off of eBay was new old stock, and my rear was off of AEV Forums. PO had it repowdercoated, and both were in mint condition when they arrived at my doorstep. Would I do it again...absolutely lol, but the ARB bumpers are a close second for me. I was close to giving up and almost ordered the ARB rear, hit I found this rock crawler rear and would have paid 800 for it if the guy wanted it lol.

I got my rear one from eBay as well, it was 275$ with shipping and in pretty good condition.. I feel I did pretty good. Chris sourced it. I just happen to check the forum and see it. Went and bought it, now that I have it I am really wanting the front one. Maybe me and freebo86 can get lucky and find some old new stock! Haha. I would pay 800$ no problem for the front. I already tried to 3 times haha [emoji38] for me the time saved searching for one would be well worth it. But as they say, the journey is half the fun right? Might as well enjoy searching for it. It will be that much sweeter when I finally get one!!