Advice on bumper hunting

Not a bad thread to start, just to see what folks consider rare/hard to find like the Mopar Rock Crawler parts, etc.

Reactions: Rubirob
Keep checking the forums, including the AEV forum as mentioned above.
Also, check Facebook marketplace. I’ve found and sold some decent stuff on there.

If I had a bumper and someone wanted me to ship it I would want asking price, plus shipping cost, plus $100 for my time/effort. Actually, I just wouldn’t do it unless it was someone on a forum.

Reactions: Rubirob
Also, check Facebook marketplace. I’ve found and sold some decent stuff on there.

If I had a bumper and someone wanted me to ship it I would want asking price, plus shipping cost, plus $100 for my time/effort. Actually, I just wouldn’t do it unless it was someone on a forum.

Yea that all makes sense, and if I had the opportunity I would pay the extra haha. I am still waiting on that other website 4X4groupbuy.com to tell me if they are out of stock haha. In fact that place might be out of business haha. There Facebook page stopped posting in 2016 and I called them and it went straight to voice mail. We will see haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you only searching “Rock Crawler bumper”? I’d guess a good chunk of owners would have no clue what it’s called, so I’d just be searching “Jeep bumper”. I put in just “Jeep” on a daily basis to see what comes up for sale locally.

There are also Facebook groups, such as one I’m a member of “NY Jeeps and parts FS or trade”.

Check car-part.com and see what junk yards have in stock.

I would make it be PayPal all up front as far as payment lol that’s how I sold my highline kit. Trust between both of us, but I had to have the money in my account before I shipped it to somebody I never met before.

I would make it be PayPal all up front as far as payment lol that’s how I sold my highline kit. Trust between both of us, but I had to have the money in my account before I shipped it to somebody I never met before.

That’s a great idea, that way both parties feel good about the transaction.

Are you only searching “Rock Crawler bumper”? I’d guess a good chunk of owners would have no clue what it’s called, so I’d just be searching “Jeep bumper”. I put in just “Jeep” on a daily basis to see what comes up for sale locally.

There are also Facebook groups, such as one I’m a member of “NY Jeeps and parts FS or trade”.

Check car-part.com and see what junk yards have in stock.

Yea I need to find a local group at least that is all about jeeps/4X4 parts. As for what I’m searching I have been looking up all of those, and even the item number. However that normally just brings up the adds for out of stock listings on sites. But your right I think most people who own these bumpers don’t realize what they have.

Both jeeps were listed on Craigslist for sale, I asked about selling the bumpers only with my stock one as a replacement. No luck, one in Fontana, CA. the other in Golden CO.
They are out there, keep up the search!

Lol! I asked the same thing to the guy is Golden, Co no wonder he sounded so irritated!! Lmao.

I think I may just order up a arb stubby bull bar bumper

Reactions: Rubirob and Starrs
Just got this one in the mail today!! At least I am half way there haha
5981edf4b66b94e21e73b432395dcac3.jpg

Reactions: Starrs and Chris