Advice on pricing hardtop

jeep.rookie

Can I get some advice on pricing a hardtop? I'm planning to get rid of the hardtop that was on my 04 Rubicon, and I'm not quite sure how much I should be looking to get for it. I want to make sure I don't get lowballed, but at the same time, I don't want to list it at some unrealistic price. The hardtop is in great condition. I've included a pic in case that helps.

hardtop-drivers-side.JPG

I’d list it at $750 and settle for no less than $600 on the low end. It looks to be in better condition than most that I’ve seen on Facebook Marketplace for around the same price.

I agree with the above prices, but wonder how location affects the price. If the top were for sale up north compared to SC, would there be more of a demand?

It just varies. Here in AZ, I've seen OEM TJ tops get listed for above $1000. Whether they actually sell anywhere around asking is a different thing. Typical pricing I see is in the $800-$1000 range. The one pic the OP posted shows it in damn good shape and I'd list it on the higher end.

I listed mine here in UT for $1200 & sold it for that same price on the same day to a guy that drove 3 hours to get it from Nevada.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I agree with the above prices, but wonder how location affects the price. If the top were for sale up north compared to SC, would there be more of a demand?

I think demand depends on whether you're looking to stay warmer in the winter (up north) or cooler in the summer (down south).

jeep.rookie's top in OH would be a similar price il buono in AZ

The hardtop is definitely in great condition. I can see where the warmer weather in the south may result in less demand than a colder area, though. Based on the responses, I guess I'll hope to get at least $1000 for it. Maybe list at $1200 and see what happens. I'm not in a rush to sell it or anything so I can sit on it until I get an offer I like. I appreciate all the advice.

I definitely see the tops going for the higher ranges discussed here. If you’re not in a hurry to sell might consider buying an inexpensive top lift or store it safely, assuming you have the space. I put a Lange hoist up in about an hour and couldn’t be happier. Sure is nice to have the hard top as an option if you ever need it.

Supply and demand, only so many original tops out there and few in thAt condition based on the pic. I think you have a good plan, good luck!

Can I get some advice on pricing a hardtop? I'm planning to get rid of the hardtop that was on my 04 Rubicon, and I'm not quite sure how much I should be looking to get for it. I want to make sure I don't get lowballed, but at the same time, I don't want to list it at some unrealistic price. The hardtop is in great condition. I've included a pic in case that helps.

View attachment 186601

I live in Greenville, SC. I listed mine for $800. It was in very good to excellent condition. First person to look at it bought it at my asking price. I have seen them listed for up to $1200 around here. I don't know if they're selling for that though. I decided on $800 because I thought it was a fair price and I would be completely satisfied with getting that for it. Could I have gotten more? Maybe, if it is in really good shape, consider asking $900 - $1000 with the thought that you'd come down to whatever you'd be satisfied with.

<<edit>>
I see now you're looking to get $1000. may be totally possible but you might have to find the right buyer - see my final comment, you may have a different perspective
<</edit>>

I don't like to negotiate so I price my stuff so I don't have to. Could I have gotten more? Possibly, but my time is worth something and entertaining people who want to try to talk me down is a waste of it.

Mine recently sold for $1500 with the storage rack. The guy drove 8 hours to pick it up and handed me cash. Part of that is northern climate makes hardtops more useful I suppose.